Is it going to happen?

Waihekean

Booked and preparing for first cruise, so excited, getting more research done and then.....a sort of panicky feeling sets in "is it really going to happen this cruise?" Am I alone in this feeling? or is it a typical newbie thing? or perhaps keeps happening every cruise. Whay is a good remedy?

Besides going on the cruise ofcourse;)

Booked and preparing for first cruise, so excited, getting more research done and then.....a sort of panicky feeling sets in "is it really going to happen this cruise?" Am I alone in this feeling? or is it a typical newbie thing? or perhaps keeps happening every cruise. Whay is a good remedy?

I don't understand your question? Is what "going to happen"?

This is how I get each time I go ..... going on my 7th in November and feel this way again. The days seem so many then ... Oh my gosh its here and I'm not ready!!! I love this ritual (as sick as this sounds.....)

Relax as best you can and just enjoy the thrill... I love the planning as much as the actual trip!!:)

I don't understand your question? Is what "going to happen"?

The cruise. Like a dream come through. "Is it really going to happen?

Sorry, did not realize is so vague. Like it is unatainable all of sudden. Does not make sense, that why I asked if anyone else has that kind of anticipation.

This is how I get each time I go ..... going on my 7th in November and feel this way again. The days seem so many then ... Oh my gosh its here and I'm not ready!!! I love this ritual (as sick as this sounds.....)

Relax as best you can and just enjoy the thrill... I love the planning as much as the actual trip!!:)

Phew! I am glad I am not the only one. I do love all the planning, but maybe I have overdone the researching a bit and the brain can't cope anymore;)

I think of it as a date "sneaking up on me" because for a long time it seems far away in my mind and then suddenly I realize the day I have been waiting for is almost here. The feeling is not limited to travel - it can be a birthday, Election Day, the first day of spring, etc. I count down to the first day of a big vacation the last 10 days. For my older sister, I spent a month counting down to he wedding. I kept thinking, "She is getting married," but after her honeymoon (Eastern Caribbean on the Grand Princess) was when I finally realized, "Oh yeah, she's a wife." So even after the fact it can seem unreal.

Oh, yeah. I always get super excited the days right before the cruise.

We do most of our cruise booking last-minute, though, so that gives me lest time to anticipate it. Sometime's I'll just have three days! :D

Wow, that is fast. Guess that bring its own anxiety!

Have to get ready, have to get ready etc.....

But must be very exciting.

I feel that way with a lot of things. It has to do with how much you are anticipating (or even stressing out over) something. The more involved you are in it, the more it kinda overtakes your thinking day in and day out.

I'm about 87 days (haha that might be the right number) out from my cruise, but I've only been planning it for the past month, because I know once I make the decision, it's all I'll think about for weeks and weeks.

First it was thinking about WHICH to take. Then it became which airline/airport to use. Now it's which excursions to pick, it never ends :-)

I guess it's a good kind of stress, though. I'd rather stress over a cruise than stress over well, just about anything else, except maybe being a millionaire, I could deal with that stress too, I think. :)

I feel that way with a lot of things. It has to do with how much you are anticipating (or even stressing out over) something. The more involved you are in it, the more it kinda overtakes your thinking day in and day out.

I'm about 87 days (haha that might be the right number) out from my cruise, but I've only been planning it for the past month, because I know once I make the decision, it's all I'll think about for weeks and weeks.

First it was thinking about WHICH to take. Then it became which airline/airport to use. Now it's which excursions to pick, it never ends :-)

I guess it's a good kind of stress, though. I'd rather stress over a cruise than stress over well, just about anything else, except maybe being a millionaire, I could deal with that stress too, I think. :)

Yeah, I think that's what it is. So much thinking about it.

Also doing this trip for my mother (77 years) who is recouperating from an operation and is flying in from the other side of the world.

I am probably subconciously stressing out that she is not able to make it, but she is healing fast, she only is dreading the flight over.

All the planning was okay and kind of fun. Even have been able to finally sort out what to do for the port days. This weekend booked the hotel where we stay 2 days before the cruise. Only thing left is the final payment and pay for travel insurance.

Have a great cruise and keep on sailing. Yeah:cool:

Funny, I thought I was the only one that felt this way. This is also my first cruise .. just 18 days away and it seems so surreal to me. Have a great time. :D

Yay, less then three weeks to go!!!!

Must be feeling so good by that time.

Enjoy, Enjoy have a wonderfull cruise. Yeah:cool:

• 2 weeks later...

I get the "what if something happens" jitters. What if someone gets sick? Or one of my kids breaks an arm? Or my husband falls off the roof when he is replacing a shingle...don't laugh, I took him to the emergency room the other day for cutting his hand in the garage!

Today, I read there is a possible named storm brewing in the gulf and I suddenly thought...What happens if a hurricane is heading toward our house a few days before we are scheduled to leave? Will my mom remember to rescue my 20 year old son and our pets? LOL

Too much to worry about. :)

Waihekean,

I understood just what you meant. When you book a while in advance and you are so excited for your trip there are some days when it feels like your cruise day will never arrive.

It will. Just keep posting on Cruise Critic. Join a Roll Call for your cruise if you haven't already. Start doing some research on the ports you will visit and just enjoy the excitement as each day brings you a little bit closer to that euphoric feeling of marching up the gangway to your ship. :D

Jonathan

our cruise has been booked for a few months now and i'm still wondering if we're actually going. i know we are, but it seems so unreal. We dream and wish and it's all "if only...." like a cruise is unattainable and something that will never happen to you. Then you realize it IS happening and you ARE going!

this is our 3rd cruise but it's been 8 years since our last one so it is almost like our first time again. Will it be everything i remember? Is this actually happening and not just another one of our many "plan and research and dream but never go" moments?

in about 6 hours, my countdown goes from triple digits to double digits. it is a moment i have been anxiously awaiting for a while now!

The cruise. Like a dream come through. "Is it really going to happen?

Sorry, did not realize is so vague. Like it is unatainable all of sudden. Does not make sense, that why I asked if anyone else has that kind of anticipation.

You are definitely not the only one... I have the same feeling about my cruise to Hawaii... There are days I think are we really going on a cruise to Hawaii? I have to pinch myself sometimes... 4 (long) months to go...

You are definitely not the only one... I have the same feeling about my cruise to Hawaii... There are days I think are we really going on a cruise to Hawaii? I have to pinch myself sometimes... 4 (long) months to go...

To the original poster (OP)

Yes it is very normal to be all excited goofy over your cruise, we are every time. Enjoy your countdown and don't over worry, just have a great time. The only remedy I know of is to have another one booked and waiting........even if it is two years out. LOL

To Nina,

We took the Golden to Hawaii this last March. We took loads of pictures of every deck, food, chef's table, excursions, and have a blog link below. We loved the Golden and have booked to take her to Hawaii in 2012.

We especially loved the Chef's Table, Movies Under the Stars (MUTS) and the aft hot tubs, which no one is ever in.

Enjoy our pictures and blog!

Lin

Archived