best informal cruise line?

LilMissK

Hi,

Ive been on one cruise (on the NCL gem). I want to go on another cruise but Im wary of using other cruise lines as Im such a fussy eater.

Im vegetarian and liked the 'serve myself any weird concoctions I want' in the NCL dining room. I also just want to keep myself to myself and dont want to be made to sit next to other people I dont know... and dont want a waiter to serve me.

And I liked that NCL were informal for their main dining room, I want to be able to wear short/jeans to the dining hall.

So does anyone know of any other cruise lines that do the informal thing?

Thanks!

All main stream cruiselines can accomodate you. They all have buffets where you can construct your own meals and dress casually.

Of course, then you are limited to buffet food. I don't know of any dining rooms where they would allow you to go to the kitchen and pick up your own food, so you are limiting yourself with a buffet only choice.

While I may think it's odd (because I love to be served) I know a person who doesn't want hotel service, as in daily maid service. She wants to make her own bed, clean the bathroom herself. She requests they leave the clean linens in a bag hung onto her doorknob.

There is no "best" cruise line. There is only the best one that works well for you...and that may be completely different from the next person.

To each his own.

Almost all of the mass-market lines have buffets....serve yourself, eat when you choose....wear shorts. RCI, Celebrity, Princess, Hal, will discourage shorts in the dining room at night, but in the buffets, you can pretty much wear what you choose.

You already like NCL...why not stick with them?

If you go with P&O's Ventura (the big family ship), and graze your way round the different venues, you'll not have to worry too much with the dressing up. It's the nearest thing we've found to NCL. The other P&O ships are more formal, but Ventura is Carnival's answer to the loss of OV.

Thomson only have one formal night, and many people do not attend, but eat in the buffet.

BTW, I have known NCL say that the dining room was full to some scruffy teens straight from the ball court.

Jo.

Archived