Cruise Vouchers Legitimate?

sherineloh

Hi,

There are some vouchers on ebay offering cruises worth thousands at a bidding price. Are they legitimate? I am so tempted but I don't know if I would be conned. The cost isn't just the cruise as I would have to book my flight tickets etc and more and don't want to end up in a foreign place and no cruise to get on. It would ruin everything.

From the feedback, it sounds legit.

Please help.

Thanks

No way of knowing without more info. I know both CCL and RCI and probably others have voucher programs that can be a good deal. However, travel agents are not allowed to dump them on eBay but TAs do a lot of things they;re not supposed to do.

But there's also a lot of scams out there. So it's impossible to tell without knowing more.

• 5 months later...

2. The prices are NOT very good for a standard inside cabin 7 day cruise to the Caribbean.

Each price is for two people. I think you are thinking one pp.

Do your own due diligence on any cruise you purchase. Of course count in transportation costs. I would book something closer to home, so the extra costs to get to a further port to join a group have to be taken into consideration. Groups do often have special pricing that makes them worth booking to me.

Hi greatam

Thank you for your response, well thought out and more balanced than other responses.

I agree with many of your points. I would be the last person to say that this is a program for everyone. It depends on how much you pay for the booking whether you feel it is a great deal or not. I have a max I will bid for them , and since I have a 2 year supply right now, I will not be buying more in the near future. I definitely prefer a balcony, but since we cruise 2 to 3 times a year and I plan to so some solo, I can live without a balcony at least once a year, maybe more if the price is really right. ( have to have balcony on transatlantic crossing though, too many sea days LOL)

Also I don't book all my cruises in this manner, I still use my agent for cruises that I cannot find with a voucher. I like to cruise on HAL as well as X , so that is something I must pay the going rate for.

As for UK citizens and US citizens booking, please note that as a N American citizen your booking is assigned to a USA agent book of business ( as mine have been) and as a UK citizen assigned to a UK agents book of business. You cannot see these details until you log in to the Cruise Line web site to view your booking/fill in your embarkation info, but when you look at the details then you will see who your booking is assigned to.

I agree that the offerings can be limited in the periods between when new sailings are loaded on the site. I check offerings daily , but if this is not your thing or seems like too much trouble to save $ then thats ok. This is not a prgram for everyone, however I take issue with comments that are totally misleading from individuals who know nothing about the size or reputation of the company

We are all members of this forum because we love to cruise, and we all have different needs and likes and dislikes. At the end of the day , very few people pay the same price for the same cruise.

I hope I have not broken any "rules". The OP asked a question, they were answered with info that was not accurate, I am trying to help the OP, I did not start this thread.

Truce :)

Archived