Bus passes

watermusic101

See I don't know....I haven't been to Bermuda.

Oh please do enlighten me as to the best places to see.

I'm into culture, history, architecture, ambiance.

beaches may be pretty, but I'll get wet in the ship's pool.

I don't want to divert this thread from bus passes. There have been and will be many threads before your cruise on places to see in Bermuda. While I have a personal preference, many like the dockyard. And even though it is not my favorite when I was in Bermuda last year docked at Hamilton four days I did visit the dockyard for a few hours. The great thing about Bermuda is that it is easy and safe to get around and go to anywhere on Bermuda and do whatever suits you on your own. What you do also will be constrained by how many days you are in Bermuda. The bus passes because they are good for both the bus and ferrys which run often and are nice and clean, are a great option for seeing Bermuda.

If you like history then the Maritime Museum at the Dockyard is a must-see!

And BUEI too (in Pembroke), Bermuda Underwater Exploration Institute.

Since you haven't been there before, it won't really matter where you are docked. It just that a number of us have had the pleasure of docking at all three places that were formerly on the itineraries and now have personal rankings for them.;)

As Charles has said, it is VERY easy to get around and the transportation pass is the best way to get you everywhere. One thing I would suggest is to save Dockyard for your last day in port. That way you will be close to the ship when it's time to leave. The Maritime Museum at Dockyard sounds like it's something your looking for.

• 1 month later...

I have just seen your post and wondered if you would be kind enough to answer a few questions for me. I am in the process of applying for a postion in Bermuda and intend to bring my dog from the UK. I will not have transport whilst I am working there and wondered if dogs were allowed to travel on buses ? You spoke about working your dog, I am concerned that getting to a 'good' dog walking area may require me to negotiate roads without pavements, hence my enquiry about the buses. Obvoiusly if I had a car it would be so much easier, I know this won't be possible so I'm trying to cover every eventuality. Many thanks.

Bubble1992

To see the view from the Commissioner's House, do I have to pay to get into the museum at the dockyard? Are there any other views in Bermuda that you recommend? I am planning on climbing Gibbs Lighthouse. I love take pictures and love anything with great views.

I have just seen your post and wondered if you would be kind enough to answer a few questions for me. I am in the process of applying for a postion in Bermuda and intend to bring my dog from the UK. I will not have transport whilst I am working there and wondered if dogs were allowed to travel on buses ? You spoke about working your dog, I am concerned that getting to a 'good' dog walking area may require me to negotiate roads without pavements, hence my enquiry about the buses. Obvoiusly if I had a car it would be so much easier, I know this won't be possible so I'm trying to cover every eventuality. Many thanks.

Bubble1992

Dogs are not allowed on buses, unless they are service dogs. Also, dogs are banned from the beaches in the summer. However, there are plenty of parks to walk your dog in and the Railway Trail is also a great place to exercise your dog.

Please note, landlords here are not very keen on renting their apartments to people with pets, although, lately, they've started relaxing this rule since tenants are getting hard to come by. Try and find a place near Botanical Gardens, South Shore or one of the Railway Trails and you should have no problem getting your dog exercised without worrying about traffic.

I'm a resident and a dog owner so feel free to email me if you have any further questions. My email is sousak78(at)yahoo(dot)com.

Archived