Beer and Cocktail Prices

telamarie14

My husband and I will be sailing on the Spirit in January on a 7-day Western Caribbean. This is our first cruise, and I was wondering about drink prices?

Any suggestions on how to save money? We're younger, so I figure we will be drinking some each day. :)

When you order your bar drinks ask for them without the souvineer glass, you'll save about $2.50 a drink. Get the beer helmet it will work out cheaper than buying individual beers, you can put them in your fridge to keep cool.

Don't forget that all bar purchases will add a 15% gratuity to each order.

You could per order a bottle of liquor then just buy pop. Drink the tap water it is just like bottled water but not the price. Buy one bottle of water on land and bring it aboard and refill it for your excursions.

Get a bottle of vodka for your room. Be creative about finding mixers for it.

Don't drink lite beer. Order a regular good beer (OK, there is no really good beer on the ship, but still, you know what I mean :)), add water at a roughly 50% ratio and VOILA! you have two lite beers. That's what the breweries do.

Find street vendors or stores on shore and buy the local beer.

Prices are very similar to hotel, restaurant, resort bar prices. Beers are about $5, mixed drinks from around $4.95 for specials to $10 or so for some mixed drinks. Beer can be bought in buckets of 6 for the price of 5. Just hand them your room key, enjoy, and suck it up when you get your bill at the end of the cruise. Here's another current thread on beer. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1232241

Don't drink lite beer. Order a regular good beer (OK, there is no really good beer on the ship, but still, you know what I mean :)), add water at a roughly 50% ratio and VOILA! you have two lite beers. That's what the breweries do.

Yuk....not for real?????

Yuk....not for real?????

Same principle dairies use for making skim milk .... ew

Hi -

We just got back a couple of days ago from a cruise to Bermuda on the Spirit. Unless you are in a suite or have special needs that require a mini-fridge your room, the Spirit won't have one, so you might want to bring along a small cooler to keep things cold. We brought a soft-sided cooler on wheels that we filled a cocktail shaker, various juice boxes, cans of tonic water, powdered drink mixes, small bottles of mixers, etc., then emptied it to keep ice in once we were onboard. (We also met people who had brought along their own small blenders to mix drinks in their cabins using fresh fruit from the buffet!) Before sailing we ordered a bar set up (vodka - pricy, but less than ordering mixed drinks all the time, plus we could enjoy them on our balcony at our leisure) through groupeventspirit@ncl.com and I brought along a couple of bottles of wine (and paid the corkage fee, but would rather choose the wine I prefer than pick from NCL's list, or the wine "deals" available onboard) to have with dinner.

Enjoy your cruise!

Hi -

We just got back a couple of days ago from a cruise to Bermuda on the Spirit. Unless you are in a suite or have special needs that require a mini-fridge your room, the Spirit won't have one, so you might want to bring along a small cooler to keep things cold. We brought a soft-sided cooler on wheels that we filled a cocktail shaker, various juice boxes, cans of tonic water, powdered drink mixes, small bottles of mixers, etc., then emptied it to keep ice in once we were onboard. (We also met people who had brought along their own small blenders to mix drinks in their cabins using fresh fruit from the buffet!) Before sailing we ordered a bar set up (vodka - pricy, but less than ordering mixed drinks all the time, plus we could enjoy them on our balcony at our leisure) through groupeventspirit@ncl.com and I brought along a couple of bottles of wine (and paid the corkage fee, but would rather choose the wine I prefer than pick from NCL's list, or the wine "deals" available onboard) to have with dinner.

Enjoy your cruise!

If you have a medical condition requiring a medication that needs refridgeration, you can get a fridge for the room. It does make the room a bit cramped, though.

My husband and I will be sailing on the Spirit in January on a 7-day Western Caribbean. This is our first cruise, and I was wondering about drink prices?

Any suggestions on how to save money? We're younger, so I figure we will be drinking some each day. :)

If you mean alcoholic drinks, they are extortionate! You will need to be creative, like many others!!

Archived