Solstice 7/4/10 Western caribbean - Wow!

taliho621

Sorry, not an iced tea drinker, so I didn't look for it. I will leave this out there for other recent cruisers.

Anyone? Bueller?

Every cruise I have been on they have offered guava juice up at the buffet and I think lemonade too. I always like the guava juice:)

Sorry, not an iced tea drinker, so I didn't look for it. I will leave this out there for other recent cruisers.

Anyone? Bueller?

Hahahaa... I still LOVE this line! Great review... many thanks!

Does the Oceanview have iced tea all day as well as lemonade and fruit punch??

Hello Khut-

We were on the Solstice last week with the OP. I just asked my husband about the iced tea situation in the buffet area. He said that they have it out of the fountain dispenser, but it is not brewed. He also said that you could make your own, if you prefer brewed iced tea, by using the hot water dispenser that is with the coffee stuff.

My husband has recently gotten the idea in his head to drink iced tea with an orange instead of a lemon. He insisted on ordering it this way at each meal. Even though this was usually a huge inconvenience to the staff because they had to hunt down the oranges, not one time did anyone hesitate to say that they could make it happen. One morning when we had breakfact in the MDR, the server delivered the most beautiful iced tea with thinly sliced oranges pushed down among the ice cubes, and the orange slices on the rim of the glass. Just wanted to share another example of the outstanding service provided by the crew.

Thanks,

Holly

What a great review! and dead-on. I was going to write one but no need as you hit all the great points. We were also on the 8th deck port side but forward almost underneath the navigation deck and the port views were excellent. One thing i will add is that there is a ship's security camera mounted underneath the navigation bridge right outside the 8111-8117 cabin area (and probably also on the starboard side - so please be aware to draw your shades on the verandah if you stay in the forward areas of the 7th-9th decks.

BTW, Ezra (if I'm not mistaken) is now famous! a few cruisers were talking about him at lunch - he was a riot and had great questions for the glass artisans - he should definitely be a permanent part of the hot glass show! LOL - we were there Thursday night and Friday - but alas didn't win anything...

Ever think of having those kids pick out some lottery tickets ? :-)

BTW, Ezra (if I'm not mistaken) is now famous! a few cruisers were talking about him at lunch - he was a riot and had great questions for the glass artisans - he should definitely be a permanent part of the hot glass show! LOL - we were there Thursday night and Friday - but alas didn't win anything...

Ever think of having those kids pick out some lottery tickets ? :-)

hdtvman: Thanks for your kind words. Yes, you pegged it, Ezra is our little bundle of energy (or as my wife refers to him, our golden retriever puppy). I'm glad he brought a smile to your face, as he does every day to ours - we only wish we had 1/8 the lust for life that he has. And yes, after my daughter then won on Friday, we also discussed Powerball ticets.

I am always more interested in reviews from cruisers NEW to Celebrity. Like to hear the comparisons to other lines to make sure Celebrity is keeping its service and food above the norm on mainstreams. Thanks for taking the time!

• 2 weeks later...
Is there a fee for the kids to do the kids club ages 9 and 11?

Great review and thanks for taking the time to write it.

Thanks,

Seadeck2

Good morning, I don't have any kids but I have never heard anyone

say there is any kind of fee for your children to attend the kids clubs.

I believe it is part of your cruise fare.

Great review, thanks very much. I know this may have been asked before but what nights are the formal nights? Also it seems from other posts that the formal nights are getting less "formal". Are long gowns now more the exception than the usual. Also were there many teens on board? Thanks.

Is there a fee for the kids to do the kids club ages 9 and 11?

Seadeck2

There was no fee during most times, but there was a fee (I believe it was $6/kid per hour) for the lunch and dinner activities, as well as the slumber party. We did the slumber party one night, only because he had it in his head he really wanted to try it. No complaints, he did not come back raving about how awesome it was or screaming about how awful.

Great review, thanks very much. I know this may have been asked before but what nights are the formal nights? Also it seems from other posts that the formal nights are getting less "formal". Are long gowns now more the exception than the usual. Also were there many teens on board? Thanks.

If I recall correctly the formal nights were Monday (sea day) and Friday (Roatan).

taliho621,

We were on the same cruise with your extended family and agree that it was a wonderful cruise and the hot glass show is not to be missed. BTW, I was one of those who was at the hot glass show where it was raining in "sheets".

We also did The Native Choice tour and saw your group at the ruins. I agree that they do a great job and truly love to give these tours.

Archived