Solstice Formal nights - Same for specialty restaurants?

John73

Let me preface this with the fact that I don't own a Tux and am much more comfortable in casual clothes than in a suit or Tux.

For the Monday and Friday formal nights on Solstice, is the Formal attire expected in the specialty restaurants as well. I'm planning on booking specialty on these nights and just going with khakis and a button-down long-sleeve shirt. Would that be out of place?

People got away with just dress pants and a dress shirt in the blu, heard some were turned away in the other restaurants, IMO you better have a sports jacket and a tie. If all goes well, do as I did because I am always hot in a jacket, take it off at dinner. JMO

For the Monday and Friday formal nights on Solstice, is the Formal attire expected in the specialty restaurants as well. I'm planning on booking specialty on these nights and just going with khakis and a button-down long-sleeve shirt. Would that be out of place?

Sorry but it would be.

As per Celebrity web site:

What is the dress code for the specialty restaurants?

Subject: Dress Code

The dress code in Celebrity's specialty restaurants is the same as the evening dress code in the main restaurant. Please refer to the dress schedule within the "Onboard Experience" section of this website to determine the appropriate attire for each cruise length.

Let me preface this with the fact that I don't own a Tux and am much more comfortable in casual clothes than in a suit or Tux.

Sorry but it would be.

As per Celebrity web site:

What is the dress code for the specialty restaurants?

Subject: Dress Code

The dress code in Celebrity's specialty restaurants is the same as the evening dress code in the main restaurant. Please refer to the dress schedule within the "Onboard Experience" section of this website to determine the appropriate attire for each cruise length.

Regardless what the website says, the reality is that you will see all types of attire in the MDR as well as in the specialty restaurant. I don't mean shorts and T-shirts but slacks and open collar on Formal night (albeit a small number). We ate at Muranos the 2nd formal night (June 20th sailing) and there was a gentleman in jeans. Some wore slacks and a button down shirt with an open collar while others wore a suit.

So to answer your question you will not be out of place (in the minority yes but not of place). Enjoy your cruise.

The Celebrity Today daily papers were posted a while back. The first day listed the Specialty Restaurants with a note that said "smart casual attire every day."

Is this incorrect?

The Celebrity Today daily papers were posted a while back. The first day listed the Specialty Restaurants with a note that said "smart casual attire every day."

Is this incorrect?

Wouldn't surprise a lot of us, there are numerous inconsistencies between the dailies and the web site...

Archived