Athens Transfers

Scottsdale Guys

Hello to all,

I could use some advice and help.

We are disembarking our WindStar cruise in the Port of Piraeus in early August.

I need to arrange for a transfer early on a Saturday morning to The Hotel Grande Bretagne which I am told is only about 7 miles from the port.

We will stay in Athens for two days and then fly home so I also need a transfer from the hotel to the airport.

I have read all the posts about taking public transporation but we have three large bags and this is not feasable.

Does anyone know of a reputable company that I can pre-arrange transfers? The hotel is quoting me over 200 Euros and this seems out of line.

Thanks for the help.

Hello to all,

I could use some advice and help.

We are disembarking our WindStar cruise in the Port of Piraeus in early August.

I need to arrange for a transfer early on a Saturday morning to The Hotel Grande Bretagne which I am told is only about 7 miles from the port.

We will stay in Athens for two days and then fly home so I also need a transfer from the hotel to the airport.

I have read all the posts about taking public transporation but we have three large bags and this is not feasable.

Does anyone know of a reputable company that I can pre-arrange transfers? The hotel is quoting me over 200 Euros and this seems out of line.

Thanks for the help.

There have been a number of posters who have recommended Paul at Athens taxi (athenstaxi dot org). For our upcoming trip, I have easily arranged a transfer from the ship to Athens through him and the quoted price was 55 euro and the airport trip costs 65 Euro.

Hope this helps.

I've used paul (same as the above poster) at athenstaxi.org (not related to a cruise). The car always arrived early to pick me up, was always spotless, and service was always excellent.

I usually us public transportation, but the last time I was in Athens, I had an arm in a sling and walking with a cane while on an around-the-world trip so a pre-arranged car seemed like a good idea. :)

I do suggest that you pre-arrange a car rather than grabbing a taxi off the street. Athens hacks have a well deserved reputation for ripping off passengers .. even the locals complain.

We can recommend Konstantine as well. We booked through Paul and ended up with Konstantine for airport transfers and a 5 hour city tour. Very personable and reliable.

We also used Andreas Kambas at www.taxidrives.gr and were very happy with his transfer service. His fares were very reasonable.

Check my post in the Athens Pros and Cons of DIY vs Taxi thread for more info.

We have arranged transfers from airport to hotel and then from hotel to Piraeus with Paul of Greek Taxi-very responsive via e-mail. We were initially thinking of using the subway from the airport, but when all of hte unrest and strikes started up in Athens we decided to spend the extra money for private service-dont' want to start the cruise off on a sour note ;)

Archived