EPIC: Only ONE trip to the show!

Neffgirl

I saw a comment on the Frommer's site that said passengers could only make ONE reservation, per cruise, to see the Blue Man Group. Well, that didn't sound like "Freestyle" to me, so I called my NCL rep, and sure enough...you may only see BMG one time. There will be someone at the theatre door checking your card (I assume she meant the room card?) and if it shows that you have already seen the show, you will be turned away.:mad:

I saw a comment on the Frommer's site that said passengers could only make ONE reservation, per cruise, to see the Blue Man Group. Well, that didn't sound like "Freestyle" to me, so I called my NCL rep, and sure enough...you may only see BMG one time. There will be someone at the theatre door checking your card (I assume she meant the room card?) and if it shows that you have already seen the show, you will be turned away.:mad:

And for what reason would you want to see it more than once anyway?????

You can only "reserve" one show, but you can stand by on other nights. I heard the people on the TA said that later in the week you could get in w/out a reservation. Not everyone will care to see BMG, but they made it possible for all aboard to be able to.

If you B2B can you see it once each week? I assume yes.

I think so but I reckon once will be enough anyway.

I am going to hopefully do BMG first week and possibly (depending on feedback) Cirque following week. Not 100% sure about Cirque yet. Acrobatics is Acrobatics. Cirque is Cirque......seen Cirque twice and was a bit....meh.

Seems fair enough

BMG play 5 nights in a 800 seater theatre. 5 x 800 = 4000 passengers get to see the show.

What's unfair ?

Book another cruise my friend.

In fact it is a 650 seat theater, 4 nights, 2 shows, or 8 x 650 = 5200, the max passengers the Epic can hold.

I think there is some confusion here. You can only get one reservation but you can get in again when 10 minutes before the show they release the seats of no shows. Those waiting for open seats are allowed to fill them even if they have been to the show before.

time2cruise1 - thanks for doing the math. And what you said make more sense.

Seeing 1 time is good for me. But if my kid may wanted to see it twice then (why not)?

If the show on the last day is not full, then I think it is fair for anyone to see it again if he/she wanted. It would be crazy if they do not aloud you to see more than once even though the show is not full. If that is the case then I would be very :mad:.

In fact it is a 650 seat theater, 4 nights, 2 shows, or 8 x 650 = 5200, the max passengers the Epic can hold.

I think there is some confusion here. You can only get one reservation but you can get in again when 10 minutes before the show they release the seats of no shows. Those waiting for open seats are allowed to fill them even if they have been to the show before.

Well there you go I had no idea it was two shows per night.

As you say using your maths and EPIC knowledge it looks like 5200 passengers can be satisfied.

It is definately a fair policy. Everyone who wants to see them should get the opportunity too.

I also think most people would only want to see them once. There will be so much to do, why see the same show twice?

How unfair! I wanna see it every night and don't care if anyone else sees it at all!

Oh, BTW- I'M KIDDING OF COURSE and completely agree with everyone else who says all should get the chance

I believe you can only pre-book one show through their online booking system. However there is nothing stopping you from trying to book again once you get onboard or waiting in line to get in after the people with reservations have taken their seats.

Kudos to NCL for giving all passengers the opportunity to enjoy one of the things that may have been a deciding factor for them to book Epic. And if there is space available, people have the opportunity to repeat. Seems very fair for me and if someone is really gang-ho to see it again, they will make sure they do the stand-by deal.

I have no desire to see the Blue Man Group even once or the Spiegel Tent show, but would love to check out Fat Cats, Second City, Legends in Concert, and Howl at the Moon. I was in Vegas and the BMG was playing there and didn't care to see them then either. They kind if freak me out a little...:eek:

Archived