teens on panama/costarica/cozumel cruise?

Carol999

Can anyone who has been on the Cozumel, Costa Rica/ Colon Panama cruise, tell me approximately how many teens were there on their boat? A tour operator said it wont have many , as this is an older person type of run. I dont want my kids to be disappointed with not getting to meet a bunch of others in their age group.

All depends on what time of year you are going.

If you are sailing during the summer, then there will be lots of teens on board. If you are cruising during the school year, it could be hit or miss.

What time of year are you thinking about booking this cruise?

We did this itinerary in February 2007 - it was President's Week and schools in several states are off for the week. There were fewer kids than on one of our summer cruises, but I think the total 2-18 group was around 400.

We did this itinerary on our first CCL cruise. We went at Christmas, and there were tons of teens on board. We did white water rafting in Costa Rica - my kids talk about that tour to this day! As others have said, it depends on when you are cruising. If schools are off somewhere, there will be more teens. (btw - my dd still keeps in contact with some of the kids she met on board - 6 years later!)

i am doing this cruise 7/31 and my 15 yr old nephew will be there

We will also be on this cruise too!! :) My hubby and I will be traveling with our 17 year old daughter and her 16 year old friend. We are also traveling with another family that we met on a cruise 2 summers ago and they have a 17 year old son. I believe there will be lots of teens on board!:D

Thank you! you guys have relieved my worries. We are planning on going during the spring break, March 12th. So, we should be fine.:)

There should be plenty of other teens. We did the Freedom over Thanksgiving and they said there were over 1000 kids on board. Our 14 year olds loved it!

We did this itinerary on our first CCL cruise. We went at Christmas, and there were tons of teens on board. We did white water rafting in Costa Rica - my kids talk about that tour to this day! As others have said, it depends on when you are cruising. If schools are off somewhere, there will be more teens. (btw - my dd still keeps in contact with some of the kids she met on board - 6 years later!)

I have done this itin, 2 times with teens. The first time was a Thanksgiving cruise on the Legend but due to the 8 day timing (Thurs-Fri) it was certainly a cruise that required pulling kids from school no matter where you lived so there was not an abundance of teens. That said, My kids all met wonderfull people on the Roll Call who they hung out with.

When we did this sailing on a Feb break week there was a lot of teens!

We, too, did the White Water Rafting in Costa Rica one time and it was one of the greatest excursions ever! A fantastic excursion to share with a teen!!!

Archived