Beach day in Messina

Heather & Mike

Hi All;

I have been booking excursions and I don't see much of interest in or around Messina, and was thinking of spending some of the day at a beach.

We are going to be there in the second week of October. Does anyone have any input on a good beach, and if it is still a good time of year for water temperatures?

Any input on transportation would be appreciated as well.

Thanks

Messina is an industrial port in a narrow strait - this is not a beach locale. I think you need to go north (to Mortelle, about ten miles or so), south or west to find a beach.

By October you won't find many locals at the beach, or open services (umbrella or lounge rentals), but it might be warm enough to enjoy laying out, or even swimming.

If you're going to stay in Messina for the day instead of going into Rome, I'd recommend pizza from Vitale. It's a restaurant maybe 2 minutes from where the shipyard shuttle drops you off in town which has very good pizza and it's cheap. Mmm, I miss Italian pizza.

If you're going to stay in Messina for the day instead of going into Rome, I'd recommend pizza from Vitale. It's a restaurant maybe 2 minutes from where the shipyard shuttle drops you off in town which has very good pizza and it's cheap. Mmm, I miss Italian pizza.

I doubt anyone would be going into Rome from Messina. Messina is in Sicily. ;)

Archived