Pier 27 San Francisco and Amtrak stop

5150lock

We will be going to SF by Amtrak and our stop is Fishermans Warf at pier 39. Our ship will be leaving at pier 27 and was wondering how far that is?

It looks close on a map but for old folks dragging luggage close has just gotta be pretty close. :D Thanks for any help, we have left from Pier 39 so have a good idea where that is but never from 27. Hmmmm, maybe we can find a shopping cart. ;)

So looking forward to a San Francisco round trip.

We will be going to SF by Amtrak and our stop is Fishermans Warf at pier 39. Our ship will be leaving at pier 27 and was wondering how far that is?

quote]

I lost the H, funny 'cause people are always telling me where it is. I really mean Fisherman's wharf :o

Looks like we can make it fine, my thanks to all. To me a picture is worth 1,000 or more words and a great pic it is. Tis a beautiful city for sure.

My pleasure. I'm a visual person and find that pictures and drawings help me a lot.

Yes, San Francisco is a wonderful city. I am sure you will have a wonderful time here. :)

You are right about that. :D

We normally do take a long walk when in San Francsico.

Keith

OMG, Keith, I just noticed you have been a member of Cruise Critic for ten years this month:

Wow. This is for you! Thanks for all the good advice over the years.

birthday-cake.jpg

P.S. Don't worry. All the calories are just virtual! ;)

Thanks, O&R you are very kind.

I hope that Anne Marie and I have the opportunity to sail with you and your husband on a future voyage.

The dessert is my kind of dessert as it is virtual. :p

Keith

Aw, shucks, Keith. I'm blushing. Thank you for the nice words.

My husband Ted and I would be very pleased to cruise with you two, too.

He is, by the way, just as fit as you (he has a genetic advantage, plus he takes public transportation and walks regularly, though never for exercise).

I, on the other hand....need to plan a renovation similar to what Crystal does with their ships to get back into shape. :eek:

• 1 month later...

As info, Pier 27 is midway between the regular Amtrak station (full staffing and facilities) at 101 The Embarcadero and the bus stop (no facilities) at Pier 39.

The Amtrak bus from the East Bay will first stop at the Amtrak station before continuing to the Pier 39 stop. It would actually make sense to leave the bus there rather than riding past Pier 27 on the way to the Pier 39 bus stop.

Pier 35 is the 'normal' cruise terminal for San Francisco, however Pier 27 is used when there are multiple ships calling on the same day. I assume by the OP's post they are leaving from Pier 27.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived