Who rents a hotel room out for the day?

rschmidt24

The entire town of Phillipsburg is on a beach which faces the cruise dock area. Hotels and bars all up and down the beach rent lounges and umbrellas and serve food and drink. No pools available. We particularly like the beach at Holland House which has a lovely bar and restaurant and will allow use of their bathroom facilities for non-hotel guests. There is also an outdoor shower to wash off the salt water. And the shopping "downtown" area is just over one block on Front Street. I believe it is $15 for two chairs and one umbrella. There is some natural shade further up the beach to your right as you face the beach if you prefer a palm tree, but the beach up that way is not as nice.

Here's a picture of the Philipsburg beach-front boardwalk area that runs right along the bay!

SXM-347.jpg

<<-- One (small) block inland of where I shot this picture (to the left)

is Front Street.. 50? yds. away -it's not like a NYC city block, that's fer sure! :D

sonesta great bay resort $29 day pass. 4 pools, swim up bar, 2 drinks and lunch included. you can use snorkel gear, kayaks, floats and paddle boats, umbrellas and chairs on the beach.

i saw it advertised on stmaartencruiseexcursions dot com , i think unless its called stmaartenshoreexcursions.

they also do a 3 hr island tour, then drop you off for the beach break for $49.

we were considering it, as well as considering bernards tour, and now because of all our other excursions are adding up, we are now thinking of just going to the beach in philipsburg and then back to the ship for our last day. i really cant decide if i should do a catamaran on st kitts or book something for st martin instead. id like to do both!

Archived