Need hotel in Rome and tour to Tivoli

RescueDontBuy

Just for the record ... I have allergies and we didn't notice any of this during our two days at the hotel in July. I wonder if maybe they had just cleaned their ductwork (that caused loose particles when the blowers kicked in) before you arrived?

We were there for 5 nights and it was just as bad every night. There were 5 people in my group and we all suffered. It seems to me if the duct work had just been cleaned there would have been fresher air coming through the vents. Maybe if we could have opened our windows at night it may have helped.

Hi, we just got back for our trip. We spent 4 nights in Rome pre-cruise at Hotel Hiberia. We had done a lot of research and decided it fit the bill. It was great.

Here are highlights.

The rooms were clean and a nice size (hotels been renovated)

private bath

absolute perfect location ( We were center to most of the sites, restaurants and stores

staff was extremely helpful and pleasant.

good working a/c (be sure to ask, some rooms require a card in a slot to keep it running)

Very nice breakfast every morning

and it was reasonably priced.

Darlene

Hi, we just got back for our trip. We spent 4 nights in Rome pre-cruise at Hotel Hiberia. We had done a lot of research and decided it fit the bill. It was great.

Here are highlights.

The rooms were clean and a nice size (hotels been renovated)

private bath

absolute perfect location ( We were center to most of the sites, restaurants and stores

staff was extremely helpful and pleasant.

good working a/c (be sure to ask, some rooms require a card in a slot to keep it running)

Very nice breakfast every morning

and it was reasonably priced.

Darlene

Hi,

Can you tell me what the cost was per night? I am not ready to start containg anyone yet and their website doesn't have their rates, they email it to you.

While waiting to hear from Darlene about her experience, Venere has the Hiberia listed starting at $108 per night: http://www.venere.com/italy/rome/

Thanks....I haven't clicked on the link yet because I am at work (work keeps getting in the way of my fun), is this a sort of expedia in Europe or something like that? I have heard it mentioned a few times.

Thanks....I haven't clicked on the link yet because I am at work (work keeps getting in the way of my fun), is this a sort of expedia in Europe or something like that? I have heard it mentioned a few times.

Hi

I did end up clicking the link and found my question answered. I thought this hotel would be perfect for us as to loactioan and it is pretty cheap but when I put in my dates, May 24th to the 26th; it says it's not available. The search goes on....HA!!

We payed 128. us dollars. Sometimes if you try different sites they will have rooms purchased. We booked through Otel.com. Also maybe its too early. Some places only book so many days out.

We were just so pleased with the overall value.

We payed 128. us dollars. Sometimes if you try different sites they will have rooms purchased. We booked through Otel.com. Also maybe its too early. Some places only book so many days out.

We were just so pleased with the overall value.

Hi,

I just tried otel and found the Hiberia. I am looking at three nights in late May and they are quoting $272.00 per night. Quite a difference...it includes all fees and taxes so it still look like a good option for us becuase of the location.

Just back and stayed at the del Senato. Had 2 different rooms in same category and there was quite a difference in what you get for the same money.

Contact the hotel directly and ask questions re: room type/newly renovated with comfortable bed/balcony-terrace/large or small window facing Pantheon/room location/internet work/safe bolted down/plug in tub movable.

I booked last Sept. for our Aug. stay and noticed that the prices went up for superior double rooms while the prices dropped closer to my stay for the twin/double category.

Can't beat the location.

Rescuedontbuy- We were in Rome for a week on our 09 pre-cruise and a portday this past May. We booked a 'Roman Countryside' tour with shareashoreexcursioninitaly.com. We booked a private tour (no one to share this particular tour)

We were picked up first thing in the a.m. and were driven to Tivoli, Castel Gondolfo, and the Catacombs. We also stopped along the way at few quaint places for a quick cappucino etc...Daniel the co.owner/driver & I e-mailed back and forth & he gave us several suggestions for the tour and tailored it to our wishes. It was fabulous and well worth it!

We stayed in the Hotel Cosmopolita last year and LOVED IT. We walked every day to the Trevi Fountain and then decided where to go from there. Walked to Spanish steps. We were just a block from Coliseum and could see it from the hotel. We were in Rome for three days. It is in a building that once was a residence of a nobleman.

Only drawback we found was that although there was an elevator, we still had to carry our bags up about 4-6 steps to get to our room.

The rates are 247 Euro for a double next May. That included a breakfast that had dozens of items, including meat and eggs.

We would stay there again for sure.

http://cosmopolita.hotelinroma.com/rome-hotels/main.html

We have recently returned from a 2 night stay in Rome and a day trip to Tivoli. We ended up staying at Suite Dreams (favorable reviews on Trip Advisor) and were very pleased with the location and accommodations. Rooms were very clean and modern and the included breakfast was very sufficient. The personnel were very nice and there is the advantage of a free computer to check e-mail. Booking directly with the hotel appears to be the best deal - 130 E/night.

We aganized about how to get to Tivoli - bus, train or private driver. We ended up sharing a private driver from Romecabs.com with another couple and were very happy with the service. We did both Hadrian's Villa (Villa Adriana) and Tivoli Gardens and it was great to be able to take our time and then have someone waiting to drive us. Highly recommended day.

In any event, happy planning and enjoy your time in Rome!

Archived