Caribbean Princess October 29th 2011 NYC-FLL 10 days

JerseyGuys

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Jack and Andy,

As of right now we are planning on arriving in New York on Oct. 24th. Cory has only ever been to NYC once and I have been there twice so we would like to spend some time there exploring the city prior to our cruise.

We are considering staying at the Colonial House Inn. The majority of the reviews I have read seem to be positive. We are wanting to stay in the Chelsea/Village area and this guesthouse is close to a subway stop so we can get around pretty easy.

Scott and Cory

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Jack and Andy,

Still around! I have been watching basketball all day and now I am watching football while Cory is in the other room watching his Sci Fi.

Regarding our plans as of right now, we have reservations at the Colonial House Inn Guesthouse arriving on Oct. 24th. And after the cruise we will be staying at the Ft. Lauderdale Beach Place Towers for two nights before we fly home.

Did I see on the other board that you guys live on the Jersey side of NYC. I know we are still 286 days away but we are already getting excited.

Scott

Happy New Years...Yep we live on in NJ about 90 minutes out of NYC..so this cruise is a breeze for us. We will be staying on for a couple nights post cruise also not sure where yet. My daughter is getting married on November 18th so we're cutting this vacation a little short to get back. Stay warm, we are having a very cold winter here so far.

• 2 weeks later...
Happy New Years...Yep we live on in NJ about 90 minutes out of NYC..so this cruise is a breeze for us. We will be staying on for a couple nights post cruise also not sure where yet. My daughter is getting married on November 18th so we're cutting this vacation a little short to get back. Stay warm, we are having a very cold winter here so far.

Still pretty quiet !!

First of all congratulations on your daughter's wedding! We have had more snow this winter than normal but not nearly as much as you guys have had on the East coast and I see where you are suppose to get hit again tonight.

On port days do you like to stay on the ship or go into port? We normally go into port. On our last cruise this past November we had a shore excursion of some type planned for every port. For the cruise in October we probably won't plan quit as much. We have been to Antigua and St. Thomas but have not been to San Juan and Aruba.

Take Care and stay warm,

Scott

Snowed again yesterday Philadelphia was crippled by another 14" of snow...ugh.....We usually do excursions, we've been to all the ports but may follow your lead and take it easier this year. We say that every cruise but always end up on excursions. St Thomas and San Juan we probably wont do an excursions just poke around town or lay in the sun. There are some really great restaurants in San Juan and at 11pm sail a way makes for a nice evening in old San Juan

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Hi - there seems to be a double roll call for this cruise - here's the link to the otherone - JerseyGuys - you are posting on 2 different threads for the one cruise. Do you know if there's any way to amalgamate them? Thanks

You didn't list the link to the roll call board you were referring too. If it is the one I am thinking of, you are right there are two boards, however we don't want to combine the two. This Roll Call is for the purpose of becoming acquainted with other gay and lesbian passengers onboard and/or friends to the gay and lesbian community while the other roll call is for all passengers.

I hope this clears things up and if that is not what you were referring too then I apologize.

Thanks,

Scott

• 2 weeks later...

We are starting to try to get an idea of what we are wanting to do on our cruise.

Does anyone know which pier we dock at in San Juan and how far Ocean Park Beach is from the pier. From what I can gather Ocean Park seems to be the main gay beach. Would it be worth spending part of the day in this area or not? Any other suggestions?

Thank you,

Scott

Archived