Caribbean Princess October 29th 2011 NYC-FLL 10 days

JerseyGuys

We are starting to try to get an idea of what we are wanting to do on our cruise. Does anyone know which pier we dock at in San Juan and how far Ocean Park Beach is from the pier. From what I can gather Ocean Park seems to be the main gay beach. Would it be worth spending part of the day in this area or not? Any other suggestions?Thank you,Scott

If you're really talking about Condado Beach - it's not far from Old San Juan at all - short cab ride or a decent long walk. It's been years since I spent any time on that particular beach so can't comment. But I remember that it was nice - a few high rise hotels - and then of course the gay Atlantic Beach Hotel (a dump back then but can't speak to its current condition). I remember it had a decent beachfront bar.

Warren

If you're really talking about Condado Beach - it's not far from Old San Juan at all - short cab ride or a decent long walk. It's been years since I spent any time on that particular beach so can't comment. But I remember that it was nice - a few high rise hotels - and then of course the gay Atlantic Beach Hotel (a dump back then but can't speak to its current condition). I remember it had a decent beachfront bar.

Warren

We dock at the old Pan Am Pier about a 15-20 minute cab ride from the Old San Juan. The Pan Am Pier is very close to Condado Beach.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry I haven't posted recently. Scott and I were on a trip to Paris! Neither of us had been there before although we'd made port calls along the coast during cruises. This was a land vacation. We had great weather and hit all the major sites. We were basically, and unashamedly, camera toting map reading tourists for a week. :)

• 1 month later...
Just checking in to say hello! 4 months to go!

I am also checking in to say hello! This board is not as lively as the other one, but with only 5 people compared to 80 plus, it's not going to be. Does everyone plan on going to "Friends of Dorothy?" (even though the Patter no longer refers to it as "Friends of Dorothy," I still do)

Scott

• 3 weeks later...

A friend of mine and his boyfriend who live in Pennsylvania are planning on meeting us in New York for a few day before we leave on our cruise. My friend called me last night to tell me that they are planning on getting married when they come to New York.

Scott

• 2 weeks later...

I am so excited about this cruise also first time in New York!

I am wondering why they dropped the stop in Princess Cays???? That is one of my favorites stops, I just love it there!

Being owned by Princess they make all the money spent there so it surprises me they cut that out.

Not sure for the reason why they dropped it. Only thing I can think of is that the trip from Aruba back is to far to make a in one day. I agree it's my favorite stop just a great day at the beach. But I do enjoy the sea days so......Are you on the Roll call on the main board for this cruise? Jack and Andy here PS and Sailing out of NYC is great fun. Nothing beats sailing past the Staue of Liberty and the NYC skyline.

• 2 weeks later...

don't want to interrupt the fun you two couples have been having, but we'd like to introduce ourselves. I'm Dave. My handsome partner of 25 years will be joining you. This will be our 2nd time on the CP. We went last spring (2010).

You can read my review if you can find it.

RE: the itinerary:

We've done SJU a bunch of times. I like it, but he's not crazy about it. Me gusta practicar mi espanol! Don't waste your time with Bacardi factory.

STT---We've been there lots. We went back to St John last time, but it's costs a lot. We don't do shore excursions, so it's cab to boat to bus and then back.

Antigua- we went to nude beach last time. I forgot the hotel it's at. Very private. Otherwise island is just plain hot and humid.

Aruba- ---we took local bus to good snorkeling beach (Eagle something?) north of hotel zone

We have a place in Delray Beach, FL so we know the Lauderdale area if you need help with restaurants/bars, etc. and live 90 mins from NY so can give you same.

Hasta pronto!

don't want to interrupt the fun you two couples have been having, but we'd like to introduce ourselves. I'm Dave. My handsome partner of 25 years will be joining you. This will be our 2nd time on the CP. We went last spring (2010).

We've done SJU a bunch of times. I like it, but he's not crazy about it. Me gusta practicar mi espanol! Don't waste your time with Bacardi factory.

STT---We've been there lots. We went back to St John last time, but it's costs a lot. We don't do shore excursions, so it's cab to boat to bus and then back.

Antigua- we went to nude beach last time. I forgot the hotel it's at. Very private. Otherwise island is just plain hot and humid.

Aruba- ---we took local bus to good snorkeling beach (Eagle something?) north of hotel zone

We have a place in Delray Beach, FL so we know the Lauderdale area if you need help with restaurants/bars, etc. and live 90 mins from NY so can give you same.

Hasta pronto!

Hi Dave and handsome Partner, Welcome. Look forward to meeting both of you.

Scott and Cory

We get a kick out of all of the countdown clocks, since we usually plan a cruise about a month before we sail! More important is how many minutes to cocktail hour? Life is too short to clock down something months away! Carpe diem!

Hi Dave and handsome Partner, Welcome. Look forward to meeting both of you.

Scott and Cory

We get a kick out of all of the countdown clocks, since we usually plan a cruise about a month before we sail! More important is how many minutes to cocktail hour? Life is too short to clock down something months away! Carpe diem!

We live in the Midwest! I wish we did live close to a port city. It takes more planning on our part when we travel since we also have to arrange for transportation both directions.

Scott

First of all, we hold it against you that you live in the Midwest. I went to college in IN (of course, I've never been back there).

We've never sailed out of NY, except on 2 night cruise to nowhere on RCCL. There was nothing like passing the WTC and the Statue of Liberty from the Hudson.

We live in the Midwest! I wish we did live close to a port city. It takes more planning on our part when we travel since we also have to arrange for transportation both directions.

Scott

First of all, we hold it against you that you live in the Midwest. I went to college in IN (of course, I've never been back there).

We've never sailed out of NY, except on 2 night cruise to nowhere on RCCL. There was nothing like passing the WTC and the Statue of Liberty from the Hudson.

I have lived in the midwest all my life; born and raised in Kansas. But we live in Kansas City, MO now. Cory was born in Germany; raised in Texas.

Scott

Hasta pronto!

Hey guys welcome.....Jack and Andy here...we are from Southern NJ right outside of Philly THis is our 6th Princess cruise the third time we've done this reposition. We've been to all these ports before but we like the sea days..We know a great restaurant in San Juan that we like but other than that no firm plans. We too have been to STT a number of times so we are up in the air on that. Didnt know there was a nude beach in Antigua let us know if you recall the name...Aruba I think we will be horseback riding. Look forward to meeting everyone, as usual there is a large number of family members on board sailing out of NYC.

Hey guys welcome.....Jack and Andy here...we are from Southern NJ right outside of Philly THis is our 6th Princess cruise the third time we've done this reposition. We've been to all these ports before but we like the sea days..We know a great restaurant in San Juan that we like but other than that no firm plans. We too have been to STT a number of times so we are up in the air on that. Didnt know there was a nude beach in Antigua let us know if you recall the name...Aruba I think we will be horseback riding. Look forward to meeting everyone, as usual there is a large number of family members on board sailing out of NYC.

I don't know if this is the nude beach that he was referring to but I Googled Antigua Nude Beach and it may be the Hawksbill by Rex Resorts. The link to the resort is below:

http://www.rexresorts.com/antigua/hotel-antigua-hawksbill-by-rex-resorts.html

thanks---I do believe it was Hawksbill. We needed a cab to get us there. We love nude beaches. When we visit SXM, our main stop is Orient Beach. We figure we can shop anywhere, but can't go nude at home~...

(Actually we can! Sandy Hook National Recreation Area has a very large nude beach and it's only about 45 mins from our house. Because it's federal, not state, you can have nudity and bring booze to the beach.)

What is this fascination with so many people on the message planning every single f***g moment of their cruise in advance.......so many months away? Get a life! Has anyone considered the weather, the fact they might not feel well, the ODD chance something they didn't expect might come along?

I've done a lot of traveling and I just can't believe the lack of spontaneity I'm seeing. I do a lot of planning before I travel (particularly restaurants and hotels), but to sign up for a slot tournament months in advance????? UGH

thanks---I do believe it was Hawksbill. We needed a cab to get us there. We love nude beaches. When we visit SXM, our main stop is Orient Beach. We figure we can shop anywhere, but can't go nude at home~...

(Actually we can! Sandy Hook National Recreation Area has a very large nude beach and it's only about 45 mins from our house. Because it's federal, not state, you can have nudity and bring booze to the beach.)

We went with a mix gay ST8 group last fall to St Martin and after a drink or two those close came off so fast everyone at Orient Beach it was a amazing...LOL My partner goes up to Sandy Hook frequently...

What is this fascination with so many people on the message planning every single f***g moment of their cruise in advance.......so many months away? Get a life! Has anyone considered the weather, the fact they might not feel well, the ODD chance something they didn't expect might come along?

I've done a lot of traveling and I just can't believe the lack of spontaneity I'm seeing. I do a lot of planning before I travel (particularly restaurants and hotels), but to sign up for a slot tournament months in advance????? UGH

LOL your right I think CC sort of pushes that kind of thinking and if your not planning every minute you sort of feel left out of the converstaion. We found that it much more fun to plan one or two really key experiences we want to do at a specific port and make up the rest as we go. Your right the weather can put a kink in your plans so easy. Thats even our problem with the cc meet and great, while it sounds great to plan for it, if we are really occupied doing something else, or catch a wonderful sunny sea day, we might bow out of that...

Archived