Caribbean Princess October 29th 2011 NYC-FLL 10 days

JerseyGuys

Thats even our problem with the cc meet and great, while it sounds great to plan for it, if we are really occupied doing something else, or catch a wonderful sunny sea day, we might bow out of that...

Oohh. Careful. You'll cause a big "I told you so" from Roland. :rolleyes:

What is this fascination with so many people on the message planning every single f***g moment of their cruise in advance.......so many months away? Get a life! Has anyone considered the weather, the fact they might not feel well, the ODD chance something they didn't expect might come along?

I've done a lot of traveling and I just can't believe the lack of spontaneity I'm seeing. I do a lot of planning before I travel (particularly restaurants and hotels), but to sign up for a slot tournament months in advance????? UGH

I have to agree with everyone else - the only things that we like to pre-plan are the port day, which they can be changed at the last minute if need be.

We did tentatively agree to the first meet and greet, but I have to agree with Jack and Andy, if it is a sunny day, we would also blow off the meet and greet because we would have more important things to do.

Scott

Agreed. Even when I travel with a bunch of friends we all go with the understanding that anyone can change their mind or bow out at the last minute "just because". No hard feelings or drama. Everyone is cool to do their own thing and then meet up for late aftenoon cocktails on deck or pre-dinner.

Sometimes I wake up and declare it a spa day instead of going ashore. Saves money with the port day discounts and the facilities are empty.

Warren

When I was still single and would travel with friends, we would do the same thing; do our own thing and then meet up at a specified time and place. Of course, this was before cell phones so in today's society all it takes is a phone call or text. For us, this would only work domestically, Puerto Rico, and St. Thomas. Before we travel, I always double check to make sure that I or t-mobile has not accidentally activated an international plan.

Scott

With everyone on the other board already planning a slot pull, I am surprised no one has started organizing a cabin crawl.

Part of the fun of traveling is meeting new people, but you don't want to spend 90% of your time with them either.

Scott

LOL I have been waiting for someone to suggest the cabin crawl

On the NCL Board, someone started a discussion about whether he could be nude on his own balcony. It was an interesting thread. One thing I did learn, I did not realize that some of NCL ships had a clothing optional section.

i didn;t know that...:)

Agreed. Even when I travel with a bunch of friends we all go with the understanding that anyone can change their mind or bow out at the last minute "just because". No hard feelings or drama. Everyone is cool to do their own thing and then meet up for late aftenoon cocktails on deck or pre-dinner.

Sometimes I wake up and declare it a spa day instead of going ashore. Saves money with the port day discounts and the facilities are empty.

Warren

We've traveled with friends a couple of times, and things have always been very loose....We literally don't firm things up until the same day for exactly that reason, maybe someones at Afternoon Tea, Wine Testing, Whole Ship tour...Its very stressful on everyone having to all show up at the same place at a set time, sometimes you just want to take a nap before dinner etc.

On the NCL Board, someone started a discussion about whether he could be nude on his own balcony. It was an interesting thread. One thing I did learn, I did not realize that some of NCL ships had a clothing optional section.

You can always go nude on your balcony. However, on the Caribbean Princess the balconies are tiered. If you're on a lower deck, you'll be offering a show that I'll enjoy, but others might not.

A funny story: the handles on the inside of the balcony door lock them. Last year, I went out on the balcony and my partner shut the door, turned the handle, and left the cabin. He had no idea he locked me out. Because the balconies are tiered, I looked down, saw someone on theirs, and asked them to call security. Of course the security had to walk in my cabin without me letting him in. If I were nude.......and I would be the first one to go nude, it could be embarrasing.....well maybe not :):)

OK< I'm dumb. What's a cabin crawl? Does this mean that we go from cabin to cabin each night for drinks? i like the idea of that. How about a steam room crawl? LOL

I like you're idea better - I have never done a cabin crawl but yes I do think it is like a pub crawl but instead with cabins.

You can always go nude on your balcony. However, on the Caribbean Princess the balconies are tiered. If you're on a lower deck, you'll be offering a show that I'll enjoy, but others might not.

I'm on Caribe Deck. A portion of my balcony is covered! ;)

Archived