"Carnival Dream"-> Cruise Ship of the Future??

parrotthead

This has been floating around for several years....It was just a fun sales pitch thing done to them....This is never going to happen.....

Rumor has it some people at the shipyard got in deep trouble for this video even getting out....

Yeah I found this video a few months ago and asked the same question.. turns out it's really just an engineering 'the things we could do' demo from Fincantieri. It was never seriously being planned, although it was from an era before the Dream was designed and before Carnival decided not to compete with Royal Carib for the biggest ship.

About every three or four months this piece of crap emerges again. It was a conceptual video for Carnival that was not for release to the public. Some PVP lost his/her job over it when a link was posted here.

The video was to pitch a ship to Carnival during the time that they were considering building a class of ship called 'Pinnacle.' Nothing ever came of it as market analysis indicated that they could not make money on that type of vessel.

About every three or four months this piece of crap emerges again. It was a conceptual video for Carnival that was not for release to the public. Some PVP lost his/her job over it when a link was posted here.

The video was to pitch a ship to Carnival during the time that they were considering building a class of ship called 'Pinnacle.' Nothing ever came of it as market analysis indicated that they could not make money on that type of vessel.

So Mach, I am not really sure how you feel about this:confused:

That is what I thought of when I saw this. It is a neat concept, but I kept thinking to myself how something like that would be profitable to Carnival while being sold to the consumer at a reasonable, competitive price. I just couldn't imagine how expensive a cruise on a ship like that would be!

I'm surprised the video has stayed up that long on youtube. It'll probably be pulled pretty soon now.

Amazing how the rendering of the ship's aft looks very similar to the Oasis of the Seas.

Those slides are pretty cool!

No, you see in the future there are NO Chogs...

they develop a vaccine....eliminates all desire to hog chairs. ;)

I also like how there are only 3 people on the lazy river. HA!!! That's a laugh. This cruise must be in Alaska. :eek:

I also like how there are only 3 people on the lazy river. HA!!! That's a laugh. This cruise must be in Alaska. :eek:

and that there are only 2 people on the 'people mover'... I thougth wow, thats not crowded at all

:) :p

Well, if we're allowed to critique the video clip a bit regarding "how real" some of it could be for future ship features . . . give another look at the so-called Lazy River.

With its design allowing the course to twist over itself, that would mean very slowly moving water would have to have the ability to go uphill at several points. :confused:

DCL is accomplishing the 'uphill flow' issue with it's new onboard water coaster, but nothing about it could be described as Lazy.

Archived