Help! Broken foot...what to do (Voyager)?

Hi, unfortunate news, my husband broke his foot yesterday and we are sailing on the Voyager on June 27th to Canada. Our room is a balcony, deck 6, aft (very aft). I was thinking we might want to move closer to the elevators. If I call RCCL, will they be accomodating? Has anyone ever had to switch a room due to injury, etc? Also we were planning certain excusions and wanted to know if an excursion is listed moderate walking what that really means (my husband has a walking cast). We are looking at the Bay of Fundy Up close experience in St John and Peggy's Cove Lighthouse in Halifax. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

The walk to the aft is not that big of a difference- you can always get a wheel chair to use onboard if it is. How sold out is your sailing? youmay not even be able to get a balcony this late in the booking.

Sorry I cant help with your excursions.

Going NOWHERE

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Miracle, February 13, 2005

Legend, October 22,2004

Voyager August 31,2003

Victory September 22,2002

Regal Empress,June 2001

Sensation,August 2000

I don't know about these specific excursions, but you will LOVE Peggy's Cove.. be sure to take plenty of film...

Sovereign of the Seas (25th Anniversary Cruise)

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;8;31;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

RCL Legend of the Seas July 1999 Alaska

NCL Majesty Feb 2003 W Carr

Carnival Inspiration Xmas Cruise - W Car. 12/03

This is great news, if you look at it properly. My wife broke her foot in Aruba on the Adventure a couple of years ago. They gave her a wheelchair and crutches while on the ship and when we got to the airport in San Juan they moved us immediately thru security, while others stood in a huge line. I think for flying nothing in the world is better than a broken foot. icon_wink.gif Sorry about the accident, I am quite confident that you can still have a wonderful cruise, my wife did except for the pain.

jc

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by xpcdoojk:

This is great news, if you look at it properly. My wife broke her foot in Aruba on the Adventure a couple of years ago. They gave her a wheelchair and crutches while on the ship and when we got to the airport in San Juan they moved us immediately thru security, while others stood in a huge line. I think for flying nothing in the world is better than a broken foot. icon_wink.gif Sorry about the accident, I am quite confident that you can still have a wonderful cruise, my wife did except for the pain.

jc<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now that's what I call a good job of making lemonade out of a lemon!

Thanks for the responses!! My husband says he is fine hobbling to the elevators and up the stairs, but I thought I might give them a call and see about a move. Maybe the cruise has plenty of room left to move us around or maybe we'll get an upgrade =) by chance. Anymore info is still greatly appreciated.

Personally, I wouldn't bother changing cabins. Voyager ships are so big that he is going to have to do plenty of walking no matter where your cabin is. I suggest getting the use of a wheel chair and when he feels like the hobbling is getting to him he can just use the chair.

And I happen to agree that this foot is going to be a major convenience for you at the airport and other places as well!

Hanging out on the aft balcony on the loungers with room service sounds like a great vacation to me!

You'll be amazed at how fast it heals. Even if he still has the cast, in a couple weeks it will be better and he will be an expert at getting around.

Explorer of the Seas ~ 10/02

Majesty of the Seas ~ 1/03

Majesty of the Seas ~ 8/11/03

Navigator of the Seas ~ 10/11/03

Serenade of the Seas ~ 1/31/04

Caribbean Princess ~ 8/14/04

Adventure of the Seas ~ 1/30/05

Serenade of the Seas ~ 7/10/05

Hi, On the Peggy's Cove tour, you can do as little or as much walking as you want. We had a tour guide who did a guided walking tour, but you don't need to stay with him. There is walking up and down inclines in the road if you choose to do that.

There is a restaurant, restrooms and souvenir shop right where the busses park. The lighthouse is out from that area.

It's a really beautiful place.

<font color=#FF0000>

Jan from New Jersey

Celebrity - Caribbean - Twice

RCCL - Alaska, Caribbean, Canada

Holland America - Panama Canal and South America

Future:

Celebrity - Back to back Caribbean - Oct. 2004

Princess - Back to back Caribbean - Feb. 2005

OUCH.....I vote for keeping your aft cabin, using a wheelchair as needed.

Hope everything works out.

Soveriegn 92 E. Caribbean

Majesty 95 W. Caribbean

Granduer 97 E. Caribbean

Rhapsody 00 Mexico

Vision 02 Alaska

Radiance 03 Panama Canal

Brilliance 3/29/04

Radiance of the Seas/Panama Canal 10/18/2003

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2003;10;18;20;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800Are we there yet?

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2003;10;18;20;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

My bags are always packed!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;3;29;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 Brilliance 3/29/2004

Archived