Flying into FLL but depart Port of MIA

Hello-

I am considering flying into Fll but the ships sails from Mia. How long does it take to get to/from airport to port of MIA? Cost of cab?

Thanks!!

It will take roughly a 1/2 hour without any traffic problems, but don't count on that. More times than not, when you hit the Miami area, traffic stops on I-95 which I have encountered 8 out of 10 times on average. I have never done this, but I hear that there are shuttles that you can take to the Port of Miami. A taxi would be more convenient, but also more costly.

Hello-

I am considering flying into Fll but the ships sails from Mia. How long does it take to get to/from airport to port of MIA? Cost of cab?

Thanks!!

I have always used Fodors.com when I need local info. You do have to join.

I did a fast look http://www.fodors.com/community/cruises/arriving-ft-lauderdale-on-the-independence-going-to-miami-airport-doable.cfm

The question was not fully answered but with more searches some one should be able to help at the Florida forum.

Thanks for the website for www ridesas.com

I would suggest to take SAS transportation, not the taxi from FLL to POM. Reason? Price.

You reserve with SAS and then call them once you've landed and get your luggage .... and they are right there. You may be in the van with other people but it's not as expensive as a taxi or as slow as the cruise line transportation. And the drivers are actually nice.

SAS is picking my boyfriend and I up from our FLL hotel and driving us to the port in Miami...they said it would be $15 per person each way and that we would arrange pick up from the ship back to FLL on the ride to the ship.

I had originally asked to be picked up in the afternoon, but later changed my mind to an earlier pick up. When I emailed my request for an earlier pick up their response was "You ask and I take care of it for you." Perfect haha. They have been pleasant and easy to talk with. :D

Another vote for SAS......have used them 4 times from FLL to Port of Miami and back to FLL after the cruise and never had a problem. Just follow the instructions they email for calling in when you have your luggage and all will go well....:)

If you have 4 or more people on your reservation the cost is cheaper!

Did this a while back because the air fare for 1 ticket from philly to mia was the same cost as 4 tickets from philly to ftl. So I wasn't particularly concerned with the cost of the cab. We reserved ahead and figured we'd be on a shuttle with many others, but to my suprise, a great big limo pulls up to the curb for just the 4 of us. I guess it was the only thing they had available at the time. It was not that expensive and overall a delightful ride.

If you have time to kill like we have (arrive 5.30 am at FLL) then you might want to rent a car. Our oneway rental with Avis is $42 total, drop off at down town location one mile from terminal. This way we can stop and get breakfast, go to Publix to shop for last minute items for cruise, drop the wife and son off at terminal with bags. Drop car at Avis and then either Taxi or walk back. Similar cost to shuttle but much more freedom to do our own thing.

Archived