Meet & Mingle sign up problem-help please

Okay, I admit it, I'm not an uber geek or Mega experienced cruiser, but I am Platinum. SO, can anyone tell me why when I tried to sign up for the M&M I got the following message?

'Only purchased reservations can register for Meet & Mingle party.'

This happened a couple hours ago when I tried from work. And then again, just now from home. I have my confirmation number. I have validated it shows on RCCL when I sign on (for both hubby & myself) and I have seen my deposit show up on my credit card. I KNOW I didn't wait till final payment on other M&Ms.

Anyone have an idea?

Thanx,

Erika

Well, the good news is I'm not as stupid as I was afraid I was. The bad news is I still can't sign up. Hmmmmm

I guess I'll either have to wait till tomorrow (or the next day, or the next....) or kill some time on the phone with RCCL.

Erika

Okay, I admit it, I'm not an uber geek or Mega experienced cruiser, but I am Platinum. SO, can anyone tell me why when I tried to sign up for the M&M I got the following message?

This happened a couple hours ago when I tried from work. And then again, just now from home. I have my confirmation number. I have validated it shows on RCCL when I sign on (for both hubby & myself) and I have seen my deposit show up on my credit card. I KNOW I didn't wait till final payment on other M&Ms.

Anyone have an idea?

Thanx,

Erika

Did you book your cruise yourself or through a TA?

I ran into this just a couple of months ago. I simply could not register for the M&M. like you, I kept getting the message that Only purchased reservations can register for Meet & Mingle party.'

We are cruisng on Rhapsody in Sept. and it is the only time that I have not booked directly with RCCL.

I went on rccl.com and submitted for help. Next, I received an email from xplora@rccl.com that all was OK and should be able to register. Nope.

I emailed for help again and received an email from xplora@rccl.com informing me that they had gone ahead and registered for me.

I will hold on to a copy of that just in case.

I still have the same problem with my Celebrity cruise. The Captains Club rep suggested that it may be caused by my booking being part of a group booking through my TA even though I have a legitimate confirmation # from the TA.

Anyone have an idea?

Thanx,

Erika

Are you in a group booking? If you are, and the deposit is sitting at group level instead of being assigned to individual reservations, that is the message that you will get. By final payment, that will be all adjusted, so I would not worry about it. There may be a sideways way to be registered; otherwise, just wait. ;)

Is your cruise paid in full?

It doesn't have to be paid in full. So long as a deposit has been paid and a reservation exists then signing up for a M&M should be possible.....

I am aware that they may open the lists for M&M at a certain date but trying to sign up too soon would not generate that particular error message.

I still have the same problem with my Celebrity cruise. The Captains Club rep suggested that it may be caused by my booking being part of a group booking through my TA even though I have a legitimate confirmation # from the TA.

Are you in a group booking? If you are, and the deposit is sitting at group level instead of being assigned to individual reservations, that is the message that you will get. By final payment, that will be all adjusted, so I would not worry about it. There may be a sideways way to be registered; otherwise, just wait. ;)

I bet you two are right. All my cruises have been through a TA and this is the only time I've had this problem. But when I spoke with her, she did mention that there was a group number too. So, I guess I'll just have to wait until final payment to sign up, unless RCCL gets back to me and signs us up.

Thanx,

Erika

I bet you two are right. All my cruises have been through a TA and this is the only time I've had this problem. But when I spoke with her, she did mention that there was a group number too. So, I guess I'll just have to wait until final payment to sign up, unless RCCL gets back to me and signs us up.

Thanx,

Erika

Erika, as your TA to get you an email confirmation invoice from RCI then check the booking number on the invoice from them against the invoice from your TA and see if they match.

Archived