Ketchikan misty fijords plane or boat???

dsstasz

i did the boat tour last summer- it was a nice tour- you were able to get up and close to some really neat waterfalls. we had limited time at ketchekan and i wish i would have not taken the tour and walked around the town (this was my third boat tour- so i was a little tired of this type of tour) there were maybe 20 people on a big boat- lots of room to move around- they served us chowder and sandwiches- very nice crew-

i did enjoy all of regents land tours- the groups were small (except maybe the train at skagway) and the tour guides were really nice

my favorite tour of all was the evening whale watch at juneau- had a great buffet spread and we saw bubble feeding - was a great tour.

are you doing the land tour to denali - that was fun !!

i did the plane. it was awesome. been on two boat excursions already so i was eager for something else. Great pilot. really fun... and to land on a fjord and have him turn off the engine and we sit there for ten minutes among all this natural beauty... i stood on the pontoon, which you have an opportunity to do, and it was just fantastic. I heard from some of my friends that the boat ride was long. but it did give you a close up view.

We did the float plane and loved it. Scenery quite gorgeous. Standing on pontoon surrounded by all that loveliness was a high-light of the cruise, but the flying part was breath-taking as well. Part of trip was pretty bumpy: did NOT enjoy that.

We did the boat, and if I had it to do over again, I would do the floatplane. The boat ride is very long before you get to the fjord. We did this before tours were included, so we scheduled it on our own. One option for that was to do the plane one way and the boat the other. A lot of people on our tour did that, and that would perhaps be the best of both.

Archived