COMMUNICTION BETWEEN CCers ON BOARD

MARIANH

Unfortunately on my latest Seabourn cruise I was not able to make contact with any other CC contributors. This was entirely my fault as ( for reasons I will not bore you with) I was not able to make prior arrangements through this site before we embarked.

Now it struck me that if there had been a board on the ship where we could leave and exchange messages, my problem would have been solved ( eg in Seabourn Square). This could have been used to inform of any get togethers or post invitations to meet for drinks or dine etc. Indeed should any of us have experienced problems ,it would have been a useful way to share information and maybe seek advice and support.

Do any of the more experienced Seabourners know if this has been tried before?

In any event does anyone think it is worth trying to arrange in the future and if so how?

Marianh, another good option is a roll call on this board. That's what we have done. Through the CC role call we set up a date/time/location to meet which on our Seabourn cruises was early on the cruise and usually for a pre-dinner drink.

That way it's easier too coordinate this prior to the cruise.

Keith

I think this is an excellent idea.

Sometimes there is no response to a roll call on these boards. I wonder why?

Is it possibly that some cruises are mainly marketed to the UK side of the pond and some to the US. I know that my sister using CC for a roll call, on an Alaskan cruise on Princess, had very little response to a roll call and indeed I have similar experiences.

Marianh, another good option is a roll call on this board. That's what we have done. Through the CC role call we set up a date/time/location to meet which on our Seabourn cruises was early on the cruise and usually for a pre-dinner drink.

That way it's easier too coordinate this prior to the cruise.

Keith

Thankyou for your prompt response. If you are in the US, you must get up very early in the morning! ( not probing:))

Yes I agree entirely; but that may not be seen by and accessible to all CCers. And if you miss the initial getogether on board ( and there are a host of reasons why this could happen) then the opportunity to " touch base" is lost. I see my suggestion as entirely complementary to the helpful existing arrangements you describe. And in my view it would also add value.

I have had similar problems connecting with some CCers on "the other small ship luxury line" even going the entire voyage and missing a few internet friends. Maybe we need a CC secret handshake or a certain flower to wear in the lapel to signify "one of us".:D Though a lapel is sometimes hard to come by in the Caribbean.:eek:

Thankyou for your prompt response. If you are in the US, you must get up very early in the morning! ( not probing:))

Yes I agree entirely; but that may not be seen by and accessible to all CCers. And if you miss the initial getogether on board ( and there are a host of reasons why this could happen) then the opportunity to " touch base" is lost. I see my suggestion as entirely complementary to the helpful existing arrangements you describe. And in my view it would also add value.

Clearly another case for Holmes. Until he appears, would not SB welcome the idea of having --even literally--a cc bulletin board at Seabourn Square so members could acknowledge their presence? I think this is a super idea!

Clearly another case for Holmes. Until he appears, would not SB welcome the idea of having --even literally--a cc bulletin board at Seabourn Square so members could acknowledge their presence? I think this is a super idea!

Great idea, and maybe something on the triplets, in the library?

Host Dan

Great idea, and maybe something on the triplets, in the library?

Host Dan

Yes, absolutely! Fascinating to see how close the imaginary construct we each have in our minds is to reality when we meet each other.

Last cruise I met three of my four CC people I had corresponded with but it took some detective work on both our parts. As writer100 said, some names are easy to spot. My name is Nancy and I "was" a serious redhead until mother nature liked a neutral color better!! Now it is a battle between mother nature and my hair stylist to see if it can stay a respectable strawberry blond/red. With that said, I'm easy to find.

I like the library idea. There is a roll call for Dec. 23 Legend, but I think only about three on it...seems to have stopped. It sort of got off topic and Host Dan reorganized it. Maybe more will jump on as it gets closer. I know the ship is not full by any means.

There seems to be support for my suggestion of improving communications between CCers when on board ship.

It would be great if CCers on upcoming cruises could liaise with Seabourn and broker the provision of a CC board or book in Seabourn square or the Library on the sisters. And also make known its existence through the daily Seabourn Herald. It might also be helpful to have CC meetings also broadcast in the Herald. As they do for Friends of Dorothy/ Bill W etc.

Any volunteers? And could you let us know if the facility proves useful?

There seems to be support for my suggestion of improving communications between CCers when on board ship.

It would be great if CCers on upcoming cruises could liaise with Seabourn and broker the provision of a CC board or book in Seabourn square or the Library on the sisters. And also make known its existence through the daily Seabourn Herald. It might also be helpful to have CC meetings also broadcast in the Herald. As they do for Friends of Dorothy/ Bill W etc.

BUT ... I need a location that has a mirror so that I have someone to talk to! I think I am the only CC member that will be on The Pride for the 7/29 sailing. I like the idea of a book ... in that you can record ideas ... but if you are not interested in meeting, you don't have to. I have been on some boards where they get entirely too chummy, if you get my drift. One cruise I was on had the group giving secret gifts to each other ... it was VERY creepy. This is more of a fan club, that "should" be able to talk constructively about the good, the bad and the ugly ... with understanding from the group that it is just an opinion. If Seabourn wants to act on the suggestions, good ... if not, their loss.

Ps. What is the Dorothy & Bill W. thing about ... I am VERY new to Seabourn!

If Seabourn wants to act on the suggestions, good ... if not, their loss.

" Friends of Dorothy" and "Friends of BW" are terms to describe " special interest" groups. On many cruise lines you will see notices of meetings of these groups advertised in the ship's daily news bulletin ( Herald on Seabourn).

Should be interested in attending a meeting, could I advise that you first Google FOD and FOBW to check that it would be of interest to you. Sorry I cannot be more explicit; but I do not want to fall foul of the posting rules . Yes, I know I am too sensitive. But I am still trying to learn the boundaries of what can and cannot be posted.

And just to say finally, that if you were to attend both meetings you could have a jolly but abstemious time.

>"This is more of a fan club, that "should" be able to talk constructively about the good, the bad and the ugly ... with understanding from the group that it is just an opinion"

I certainly do not view a Seabourn CC 'meet & greet' with the functions above. To me, it's fun to put names and faces together, chat about the cruise, and other areas of interest, such as 'Do you know 'so and so' in Roanoke?At sail away I usually sit with my red Phillies cap nearby and if it seems from the Roll Call that cruisers want to meet, set up a day and time and location. Easy peasy.

Last Oct. 31st (Halloween) when a number of us boarded the Odyssey for the Maiden Crossing we had previously decided on the CC board to wear an orange clothing item to the Sail Away party.

Worked great ~there were around 45 Sailor's wearing orange! A few even wore costumes ~:confused:

MB

If Seabourn wants to act on the suggestions, good ... if not, their loss.

" Friends of Dorothy" and "Friends of BW" are terms to describe " special interest" groups. On many cruise lines you will see notices of meetings of these groups advertised in the ship's daily news bulletin ( Herald on Seabourn).

Should be interested in attending a meeting, could I advise that you first Google FOD and FOBW to check that it would be of interest to you. Sorry I cannot be more explicit; but I do not want to fall foul of the posting rules . Yes, I know I am too sensitive. But I am still trying to learn the boundaries of what can and cannot be posted.

And just to say finally, that if you were to attend both meetings you could have a jolly but abstemious time.

How political you are! It is my understanding that Seabourn is rather friendly ... and that is a good thing. Some of my best friends ...

• 3 weeks later...

Agree it is tough finding folks with the Roll Calls. SeaDream started a deal on their Facebook page. I was scheduled (unfortunately had to cancel) on the 5/29 sailing on SDI, posted there but not one single other passenger did. Odd. I posted our 9/25 Spirit sailing here and on the Seabourn page and only Sue from London outside "our" group has chimed in. On a SeaDream cruise in the Caribbean last fall, had a bunch of CC people and we all had a blast together. Wonder if demographics has anything to do with it? I suspect FOD meetings are few an far between on the little sisters - unfortunately. Anybody on 9/25 Spirit - Rome to Venice? Chime in! Here we are:

Gantt and Ted - Atlanta.

Meg and Phillip - Atlanta

Carole and Doug - Columbus - SeaDreamers!

Jim and Lois - Destin - SeaDreamersToo...we'll see if we can convert them.

Chuck and Daylan - Atlanta

Sue - CC buddy I just met - London

Happy Sailing to ALL!

Agree it is tough finding folks with the Roll Calls. SeaDream started a deal on their Facebook page. I was scheduled (unfortunately had to cancel) on the 5/29 sailing on SDI, posted there but not one single other passenger did. Odd. I posted our 9/25 Spirit sailing here and on the Seabourn page and only Sue from London outside "our" group has chimed in. On a SeaDream cruise in the Caribbean last fall, had a bunch of CC people and we all had a blast together. Wonder if demographics has anything to do with it? I suspect FOD meetings are few an far between on the little sisters - unfortunately. Anybody on 9/25 Spirit - Rome to Venice? Chime in! Here we are:

Gantt and Ted - Atlanta.

Happy Sailing to ALL!

Hey, Gantt:

Sounds like they are all avoiding you.:eek: After Jamaica, I think I know why.:D

Gantt and Ted - Atlanta.

Happy Sailing to ALL!

I'll second that! Getting closer now, anticipation rising - looking forward to meeting you all in the sky bar.

Sue

Sue - We'll be at the Sky Bar on sail out (and probably well before). I'm the good looking one. Excited and looking forward to some fun with you! Gantt. (send me your email address and I'll send you photos of who to look for: ganttc@vacationexpress.com)

"The good looking one"???:eek: Bald headed speedo guy is more like it.:D

Sue - We'll be at the Sky Bar on sail out (and probably well before). I'm the good looking one. Excited and looking forward to some fun with you! Gantt. (send me your email address and I'll send you photos of who to look for: ganttc@vacationexpress.com)

Here's who ya look for, Sue. :)

And don't listen to a thing Gantt says - *I'm* the good looking one.

Looking forward to meeting you.

IMG_2970.JPGCarole (Cammiem), Jim Avery & Gantt.

Archived