Thank you to NCL cruisers and posters!

Shelli

Then I came to this board. I have to tell you, what a pleasant surprise! Don't tell the Carnival folks, but most of them apparently have no mastery at all of the English language. OK, so maybe I'm a member of the grammar police, but I found their posts next to impossible to read or even decipher. Not so with you folks! All of your well written posts have given me ever so much more confidence in NCL-- if you all like it, it must be good!

!

Just skip over the ones you can't decipher.

I think the information from the CC posting guidlines explains it best.

Spelling & Grammar Errors

It is important to remember that everyone makes mistakes at one time or another, and that there are many users who use English as a second language, especially on our Cruise Boards. There are also a number of people who suffer from learning disabilities and who have difficulty noticing their spelling mistakes. Do not make comments on the spelling and grammar of other users. It is simply not a productive expenditure of energies.

Reminds me of a time when I worked in Retail Management. Had an applicant who listed the following reasons for leaving his last 4 jobs:

Quiet

Fried

Fried

Quiet

He did not get a call back for an interview.

Oh, I'm still chuckling over this one! My mental image has him sober, drunk, drunk, sober. :)

Reminds me of a time when I worked in Retail Management. Had an applicant who listed the following reasons for leaving his last 4 jobs:

Quiet

Fried

Fried

Quiet

He did not get a call back for an interview.

So the first one was in a monastary, and it was too quiet

The second two were fast food places and he got up to fry cook but really didn't feel it was his vocation

The last one was at the library and again, it was just too quiet there.... :eek:

I amgoing on my seventh NCL cruise on 10/22/10, Southern Caribbean. Mostl recently on the Gem, Pearl and now on the Dawn. First two cruises were on the Norway, big band cruises. I like the free style as it gives one flexibility dining wise. Can still do reserve dining if you like. I usually do the buffet for breakfast and lunch and the dining room in the evening. No problem with seating if you go early, 6-6:30 PM. I have always been treated very well at Guest Relations etc.

Cruisinbill Vero Beach, FL

Now you have me worried....the Jewel is scheduled to go into drydock the week after my April 24, 2011 cruise.....what if they move it up a week?

April24 is Easter btw and this would be an Easter break cruise....hope that means it would be booked up so NCL wouldn't want to move drydock up a week.

Archived