Anniversary Dinner at Chop's or Portofino's???

How well do you know the couple? The best choice would depend upon their preferences. Are they more the upscale steakhouse types or upscale Italian types? My personal preference is Portofino (and even if you are a steak lover, the filet at Portofino is excellent), but I know others prefer Chops.

Get the best of both worlds and order the filet mignon at Portofinos! That's what we do.

I agree. It was excellent, when I had that. I've also tried the seafood skewer at Portofino, which was quite good. But the thing I probably look forward to the most is their version of tiramisu. . . . :D

I"m going to vote for Chops. I do like Portofino's and it is true that they have an excellent filet. However, if you are looking for upscale steak house, Chops provides more options along those lines.

Portofino's gives you an immersive Italian restaurant experience, and if you are impressed by a menu with Italian names for the dishes (albeit explained in English), then it would be the place for you. For me, though, I'm more like Andy than Barney (the episode where Andy just asked for a steak and baked potato, and Barney ended up with escargot).

Don't get me wrong .. both are great, and when we do more than one specialty on a cruise, we do Portofino's as well. But I give a slight edge to Chop's.

I'd say give the cruiseline a call and see if you can get them a 'specialty restaurant gift certificate' and allow them to choose.

I'd say Chops but that's just what I prefer. I feel like getting pasta is easier and less expensive than getting a good steak, so there's more for your buck there. Just my opinion...

Archived