Probably the "stupid question of the year"...but

CLMCLEOD

federal rules for ketchup. It's a pretty limited recipe.

yeah but have you ever seen the assortment in Germany? OMG there are about 20 different flavors of ketchup, and most of it is pretty good.

But....just NEVER put ketchup (catsup) on a HOT DOG! :eek:

Just plain wrong!

yeah but have you ever seen the assortment in Germany? OMG there are about 20 different flavors of ketchup, and most of it is pretty good.

Spent 3 yrs there in the Army. I like the beer assortment better :) but OMG-I sure miss the wurst & mustard, that could be purchased from street vendors (and in most bahnhof's)

Spent 3 yrs there in the Army. I like the beer assortment better :) but OMG-I sure miss the wurst & mustard, that could be purchased from street vendors (and in most bahnhof's)

My sympathies with your 3 yr stint.

Hafta agree in re ketchup vs beer in Germany. Beer uber alles!! :)

My husband is making me ask this...Does NCL use Heinz ketchup? He'll transport his own damn ketchup if he gets a "no" answer...puleeeease...

Yes but you have to order the "condiment package" ;)

My husband is making me ask this...Does NCL use Heinz ketchup? He'll transport his own damn ketchup if he gets a "no" answer...puleeeease...

Yes--Heinz..BUT one of our cruise companions was unhappy because they only served mild French's-type mustard...never asked if they had anything else, however...

But....just NEVER put ketchup (catsup) on a HOT DOG! :eek:

Just plain wrong!

LOL I just had a hot dog with ketchup for lunch. I hate mustard....yuck. :p

I make my own ketchup to avoid the HFCS. I will settle for any brand when out or cruising though...I just don't use much of it...too much sodium and sugar. :)

:D Not to be confused with the 'condom mint' pkg.

Your comment reminded me of a passage in a review I read on the Princess board:

As a result of SailorJill’s insight I am forced to reassess the dynamics of the “boy meets girl” interaction on the beach. It is amazing how some things suddenly become so clear. I remember being somewhat taken aback when I read in USA Today that the Brazilian government would be distributing (for free) 55 million little packs of salt and pepper during Mari Gras. I now suspect that I may have possibly misunderstood the announcement and it actually had nothing to do with Condoments at all – but something entirely different! Maybe this is why Marti Gras is such a cathartic ritual in Rio – for two exciting weeks it allows people from all walks of life to forget their troubles and revel in the heady atmosphere of Carnival and experience the simple joy of being with each other - apparently at the rate of 27.5 million times a week.

LOL I just had a hot dog with ketchup for lunch. I hate mustard....yuck. :p

I make my own ketchup to avoid the HFCS. I will settle for any brand when out or cruising though...I just don't use much of it...too much sodium and sugar. :)

Must be a New England thing, if I can only have one it will be ketchup.

My sympathies with your 3 yr stint.

Hafta agree in re ketchup vs beer in Germany. Beer uber alles!! :)

I just can't let this go by:

The fact that you are reading this in English is due to those of us that served our country.

Have a nice day.

The fact that you are reading this in English is due to those of us that served our country.

Have a nice day.

You REALLY wanta be careful here.

My sympathies lie with being in a country that gets COLD in the winter. We assume during the Cold War.

No one in uniform buys drinks in my presence.

If you've misinterpreted my post, you are forgiven.

Have a nice day.

This is so political, and so without reason, and so without fact, I can not believe it was even posted on a cruise forum.

(p.s. I served in Viet Nam and actually feel insulted by this comment)

This is so political, and so without reason, and so without fact, I can not believe it was even posted on a cruise forum.

(p.s. I served in Viet Nam and actually feel insulted by this comment)

No no no!

He was confused about an earlier post.

The problem is resolved.

Back to the ketsup or catsup or however you like to spell it. Do you refrigerate it? Now that's not a cruise question unless you are bringing it and don't want to use up precious time in the minifridge. Anyway we recently read that it doesn't need refrigeration and thought about all the bottles on restaurant tables so we started storing it in the panty and it's been fine, no trips to the ER and we've opened up a spot on the fridge door!

Do most of you put it in the fridge?

I used to be a loyal Heinz man. But I could not stand the thought of supporting John Kerry with one more penny. Then I discovered Red Gold-----just as good.

A question.. wasn't it HER money? She did nothing wrong so why stop using her products? I'm a Hunt's gal myself!

I am giggling and giggling and I totally get where your husband is coming from. I have a buddy who only drink COKE products. Won't touch a Pepsi product if it was the last soda on earth.

Call your CC and ask them, they will actually CALL DOWN to the ship (no kidding our did) and talk to the catering folks and ask what they use.

A question.. wasn't it HER money? She did nothing wrong so why stop using her products? I'm a Hunt's gal myself!

Her money would also line the man's pocket. No thanks--I would not give a penny to him. I do everything I can to avoid Heinz products.

I don't think it's a strange question at all - I also MUCH prefer Heinz ketchup (although I will use other brands if I HAVE to), and French's yellow mustard (I will NOT use anything BUT that - will do w/o rather than resort to that).

Cracking up at the "corkage and rippage fees" - thanx for the laughs!! :)

Heinz was on the Pride of America last week or at least a bottle that said Heinz.

Husband is the same about yellow mustard. Nothing else will do but it doesn't have to be French's. I now "rob" the snack bar at the supermarket for packets to take because on Royal Caribbean they will have them one time and not the next. I have had some newbestfriends when they have seen him squeezing it out and asking where he found it. One person even wanted to give me a dollar for a couple of packets!

Tucker in Texas

Back to the ketsup or catsup or however you like to spell it. Do you refrigerate it? Now that's not a cruise question unless you are bringing it and don't want to use up precious time in the minifridge. Anyway we recently read that it doesn't need refrigeration and thought about all the bottles on restaurant tables so we started storing it in the panty and it's been fine, no trips to the ER and we've opened up a spot on the fridge door!

Do most of you put it in the fridge?

We don't even have it in our home. No Miracle Whip either. To OP, tell your husband to use regular vinegar, very good.

We don't even have it in our home. No Miracle Whip either. To OP, tell your husband to use regular vinegar, very good.

I remember my mother saying that she knew she was "rich" when she didn't have to buy Miracle Whip and could get mayonnaise!

I can, also, remember the ladies smirking because a hostess used veal in her chicken salad rather than white meat chicken.

How times have changed!

Tucker in Texas

Archived