Questions- Mariner of the sea

Hi,

I am a little confused, because there are a wide range of opinion and answer. Can someone give me a straight up answer?

1/On formal night, can hubby get away with nice shirt, ties without a jacket?

2/Can we pack a few bottle of water and Coke in a cooler and check it in?

Thanks,

Tibbie

Hi,

I am a little confused, because there are a wide range of opinion and answer. Can someone give me a straight up answer?

1/On formal night, can hubby get away with nice shirt, ties without a jacket? Yes, I have done this many times.

Maybe.

Thanks,

Tibbie

You will not know until you try the cooler, depends on how security feels that day.

When we sailed on the MOS it was our 1st cruise and my sister dropped us off at the port (she said it was very hard being that close to the ships and not being the one getting on board :D) She had picked up a 12 pk of diet root beer (my favorite) and a case of water. When we put our luggage out at the port they put a luggage tag on the cases and they showed up outside our room just like our luggage. We didn't drink it all on the cruise and left it for our room attendant. On our next cruise we only took 6 screw top bottles of diet root beer, easier if you don't want to drink the whole thing. Just don't try to get on the plane with one in your carryon like I did :mad: Enjoy the MOS she is a great ship.

Hi,

1/On formal night, can hubby get away with nice shirt, ties without a jacket?

Thanks,

Tibbie

1) If he does not wear a jacket he will be in the minority. It depends on how sensitive he is to that. They will absolutely allow him in the dining room, if that is your question.

2) I check a case of bottled water on most of my cruises. I put a luggage tag on it and give it to the porter. I would recommend you NOT take a separate bag or cooler, because that looks like regular luggage, and it will end up in the luggage "dog pile". Depending on how sturdy it is, you might end up with a mess inside it.

Anything you take on the ship with you has to go through an airport type security screening, and has to fit through the x-ray machine.

Since you have ice in your room, you can always keep them cold. My husband takes a 12 pack of Diet Coke with him in a grocery bag and just puts it through the x-ray. He takes them out and puts them in the ice bucket as he needs them, 2 or 3 at a time.

Thank you for all the info. I don't think he minds being a minority on a formal night, but I will ask him. If not, then we just have to figure out how to put a jacket in a suite case without being winkle.

We cruised Carnival twice and on formal night, we don't see a lot of jacket.

It's interesting to read everyone's experiences about bringing water on board.

I usually slap a luggage tag on my case of water, and get it delivered to my cabin.

However, when I went in January, the porter told me that they can no longer do that. If I wanted my water, I could either schlep it on board myself or leave it in my car. I "schlepped"....

When I cruised again in April, instead of risking the same fate, I found a hard plastic storage box. It fit perfectly in a suitcase, and I used that for my water. Everything made it on OK.

I may do that again.

Thank you for all the info. I don't think he minds being a minority on a formal night, but I will ask him. If not, then we just have to figure out how to put a jacket in a suite case without being winkle.

We cruised Carnival twice and on formal night, we don't see a lot of jacket.

If it's a blazer that he would be taking, maybe he could just wear it on the plane and then onto the ship?

He can get away with less than a suit if he likes. He will be in the minority though. Most guys were in suits. I wore a suit and was the only guy at my table not in a tux. That was a first for me. Couldn't believe 3 other men at the table all had tuxes.

Water isn't a problem. I put two luggage tags on the full case of water and gave it to the porter with my other luggage. Saw a number of people carrying a case in the terminal building....ugh! Life is too short to be on vacation and have to carry around a case of water!

(My vacation starts as soon as I'm in the terminal, then gets better going up the gangway....then gets better when I actually step onto the deck of the ship......then gets better when I see my cabin.....then gets better at sailaway with a mai tai in my hand and my sweetie next to me!!!) :D

Have fun!

Archived