Life Vests in Half Moon Cay?

pcmodhouse

I may be mistaken Fire but I don't think you can remove the "Muster" jackets from the ship

OP, why not bring those little blow up winglets

You could be right. Iv seen kids swimming with them in the pool and even the hot tubs (lol), and I thought since it was a privately owned island they would allow it ...ok, bad idea.

I've searched and searched, so now I'm asking. Are there life vests to rent (or FREE) at Half Moon Cay? They are mandatory for my kids

I have never seen life vest at HMC unless on an excursion. You can by inexpensive flotation vests at Walmart, Target, etc....

I don't recall seeing life vests for general use on the beach but then I wasn't looking for them. I'm sure there must be some there for snorkling uses. Lots of floaty things but not many real life vests that I can think of seeing. Don't even think of using the "muster vests" as one poster suggested. You won't be allowed to bring them off the ship and the water would set off the attached strobe lite if you did manage to get one off the ship somehow. Those are for emergency use only.

I might suggest that you purchase some life vests for your kids if you are going to require them to be used. That way you can have the vests on hand for use at home, and you'll be able to get vests that fit properly and are comfortable.

My kids aren't strong swimmers, but they've never needed life jackets at HMC. There's no riptide and it's pretty shallow. Having said that, we've had vests available in the snorkel gear that came with the cabana we rented, so they may be available if you ask at the water sports cabin about halfway down the beach.

We brought our own. They're cheap enough ($20 - $25). I wanted to be sure of having ones that fit properly, were in good condition, were comfortable for them to wear for extended periods and were USCG rated PFDs. It's just one of those things I'd prefer to buy over rent.

We got lots of use out of them last month!

IMG_0747.JPG

We bring our own too. We do a lot of boating in the summers, so we have fairly nice life jackets for both of our kids. I can't imagine making them wear borrowed/rented ones that didn't fit right or were uncomfortable to move around in. We have a bag that is full of snorkel gear anyway, so just throw it in there. If you pack around them right, they don't take up much room and are relatively light.

As an alternative, if you are arriving at your port of embarkation a day or so early, you could buy some cheap ones at a local store.

Archived