Epic & Freedom of the Seas in St Thomas

Tyron

Now THIS is a ship that is "much, much bigger" than it's neighbors! LOL

oasis-of-the-seas-size-comparison-300x144.jpg

GEORGE! I'm looking forward to trying her out. It'll be an interesting cruise hitting all those bars. LOL

Yeah Tyron, I remember seeing that picture someplace before...really impressive shot.....there's no denying it!

Here's a request for anyone cruising on the Epic to Nassau. Do you think any of you might be able to take a shot like this of the Epic in port with other ships and possibly post it on this board? That's the only way I'll get to see it. Can't convince the wife to try this ship.

"Can't convince the wife to try this ship."

Why not?

Yeah why won't she try the Epic??

TY!!!!!! We need to find rooms near everything..... This way there isn't too far to stumble back to our rooms at night!! LOL!!!! :D:D

"Can't convince the wife to try this ship."

Why not?

She's a very private person. It's just the way she was raised. When showing her photos of the seperate toilet, shower and sink in the cabins and also some of the posts that included details like smell, noise, and no exhaust fans, she said that she would never sail the Epic. I have to admit, I'm not too fond of that cabin design myself, but I could deal with it for a week just to try the ship out. Usually, balcony cabins fit both our style and budget, but not on this ship unfortunately.

As far as she is concerned, it's a no-go.

Hey there Tyron....Lou and I are leaving on the EPIC 9-11-2010...can't believe we hit a new ship before you and the gang.

Linda and Lou

LINDA!!!!:D:):D How the heck have u and Lou been? I'll be awaiting your review of the Epic.

Thanks dmwnc1959 for the webcam shots. It's nice to see them together like that. It makes for a good picture. Now if only NCL and RCI posters on these boards could stand to be that close to each other....just kidding...LOL.

I don't know where else to post these, so I'll put them here. Comparison shots of the Epic in NYC that I think I grabbed from Flickr...sorry to hijack the post, but maybe someone may find them interesting. I never saw these posted anywhere before. Here ya go...:)

Epic and Dawn NYC

11rfbed.jpg

Dawn, Epic and Veendam NYC

2hdmet0.jpg

Veendam, Epic, Dawn and Intrepid NYC

313ivb5.jpg

Wonderful photos. Thank you.

What is epic about the Epic?

There are two the most glorious places in the world to sail from: the Ocean Dock (Southampton) and Pier 88 (New York).

The Epic was granted this honor. She was berthed at Pier 88 on completion of her inaugural voyage.

Epic was built at St. Nasaire.

The most beautiful ships that ever sailed the seas (SS Normandie, SS France, RMS Queen Mary 2) were buit at St. Nasaire as well.

The Epic followed the path of her great predecessors, SS Normandie and SS France, which had first arrived at Pier 88 many years ago.

Many people know what happened at Pier 88 in 1942.

This is really epic about the Epic.

Unfortunately, the rest of about the Epic is not so epic.

SS Normandie at Pier 88.

From top to bottom: Berengaria, Cunard-White Star; the Georgic, Cunard-White Star; the Normandie; the Rex, Italian Line; and the Europa, North German LLoyd.

109copy.jpg

SS France on the day of her first departure from New York (at the background). Other ships from left to right are the Cristoforo Colombo (sister-ship to the Andrea Doria), Italian Line; the America and the United States, United States Lines; the Carinthia, Cunard Line.

110copy.jpg

She looks much much bigger that Freedom Class !!!:eek:

Nope, just boxier.

Nope to me she looks bigger even though they are about the same capacity.

Whatever happens I know she will be much more fun than the Freedom class ships of which I am now bored of.

Archived