what is included in "specialty" restaurant dining?

el2001mail

i have cruised but have not tried specialty restaurant dining. is it worth the extra charge? what is included in the fee? can you order as you would in the regular dining room? ie order 2 entrees if that suits your fancy. thanks for all replies

What cruiseline? I know on HAL, if you go to the specialty restaurant, you can only order one entree. Your meal is included; not sure what you are asking there. Is it worth the extra charge? Only you could decide that, and that's hard to even give an opinion without knowing what restaurant.

On RCI, the portions are HUGE....the food is included, but you'll still pay for alcohol/sodas as you would anywhere on the ship (the "fee" does include the tip!). Generally, you can order as many sides/appetizers as you like, but there may be another small charge for more than 1 entree. I couldn't finish what I ordered...so I never attempted to order something else!

In my honest opinion, most of the specialty restaurants that I've tried have not been worth the extra money. The exceptions being: Tappanyaki on NCL, and Chops on Royal Caribbean. Now, thats only my opinion, as I'm sure people will disagree. I just didn't find the food or quality of service that much better than in the MDR's. On another note, some specialty restaurants change extra (on top of the basic cover charge) for some meals, mainly sea food and beef dishes.

Archived