First Night of Cruise

Hello,

Can someone confirm that the dress code in the MDR is not very strict on the first evening of the cruise? Earlier thnis year on NOS, we were told that the first night is "come as you are," since not everyone will have access to their luggage before dinner. Is this the case on other Royal ships? We will be on LOS early next month.

Thanks as always!

Hello,

Can someone confirm that the dress code in the MDR is not very strict on the first evening of the cruise? Earlier thnis year on NOS, we were told that the first night is "come as you are," since not everyone will have access to their luggage before dinner. Is this the case on other Royal ships? We will be on LOS early next month.

Thanks as always!

YES, I can confirm that! We have had instances (very rare) where the luggage delivery has been delayed and we went to first night dinner as is from boarding. NOT a problem. The policy is the same on all RCCL ships. No worries.

Im usually up early and anxious to get on the ship, so by the time dinner is served its been a long day for me. If I didnt shower before dinner I might smell like a foot, so I will try and shower before dinner. Then again, we dont have to wear the life jackets at the muster drill, so maybe I will be ok. That drill sucks when its hot and the sun is shining on you at the same time. Im glad they changed that rule....:)

YES, I can confirm that! We have had instances (very rare) where the luggage delivery has been delayed and we went to first night dinner as is from boarding. NOT a problem. The policy is the same on all RCCL ships. No worries.

I will confirm same as well! We dress decently upon boarding just in case luggage doesn't arrive in time for a change for dinner. We do, however, FRESHEN UP from the long day before dining! Have fun and a great cruise! I'm sure you'll love it!

We always pack an extra shirt in our carry on in case our luggage doesn't get there in time. At least I can shower and put on something clean.

We pack an extra pair of underwear for each in case luggage doesn't come. At least we're OK even w/ the same clothes....

Hello,

Thanks as always!

Totally confirm with Ella. Always relaxed, in case the luggage has not arrived.:)

I've sailed on LOS and FOS the past 2 years. The first night was come as you are. I do not like to dress up so I wore shorts and a nice shirt on the formal nights too. It's your vacation so be comfortable.

Im usually up early and anxious to get on the ship, so by the time dinner is served its been a long day for me. If I didnt shower before dinner I might smell like a foot, so I will try and shower before dinner. Then again, we dont have to wear the life jackets at the muster drill, so maybe I will be ok. That drill sucks when its hot and the sun is shining on you at the same time. Im glad they changed that rule....:)

Follow the dress code. Sure, SOME suitcases may not make it to the room on time, BUT MOST of them will. Remember, Not only should one not smell like a foot...They should not look like a foot either.

It is pretty liberal on night 1.

We would not have thought to wear jeans and running pants to dinner but did on Explorer in May.

We stopped by Portofino to ask if we could get in some time that evening and fully expected to go back to our cabin and change. We would have otherwise changed, even if we had dined in the Mdr or Windjammer. We would not ordinarily go to dinner in such casual attire.

To our surprise, we were offered to seat immediately. I even asked the hostess if we shouldn't go and change and she said "no problem."

In all fairness, it was early and only 2 other tables were seated while we were there.

Again, this is not the usual for us but we have noticed that there is a general "dressing down" on several of our cruises.

Archived