Anyone know if Princess has new menus?

jwave

The only major change I have seen this past year is the French Menu has been replaced with the Caribbean Menu. There are small changes to the regular menus that I noticed on my Star cruise, but nothing significant.

The French Onion soup is still on the menu one night (I can't remember which night).

I was not a fan of the French Menu but I was even less impressed with the Caribbean Princess menu. We ate at Serling Steakhouse the night of the Caribbean Menu. When speaking with wait staff - they considered the Caribbean Menu the weakest menu.

These menus are several months old but there is an example of the Caribbean Menu here:

menus

We are only able to cruise 1x a year, so to me, it is no different than going to a favorite land restaurant. The menu's never seem to change in restuarants.

Good point! I noticed a few differences on the Diamond in January. Change is sometimes good but we look for our favorites, my biggest complaint was that we couldn't get the "Love Boat" chocolate dessert every night, in fact it was only offered once:eek: , and yet we still managed to pack on a few and have a fabulous cruise.

Here's a link to the menus on the Caribbean Princess http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=4287137705&mode=invite&idx=7 .

DH and I were on the CP the week of January 22 and thought the Caribbean menu was creative and eclectic. The pork tenderloin was exceptional - one of the best entrees in the Princess repertoire.

We're going back on the Caribbean Princess next winter, Crown Princess the next, and would like to see some new menu selections throughout the fleet.

Chris

I understand that everyone has their own tastes, but I really enjoyed Caribbean night on the Caribbean Princess - dinner was very flavorful - especially the pork. They had a pina colada soup served in a glass with a straw which was fun.

On the Diamond and the western itineraries I do not think they have a Caribbean night - we had an International night instead.

i was on the golden two weeks ago, they still have the same old princess menu--the french menu is still there and the same (frogs legs duck and escargot, and of course the onion soup!) i do miss the orange roughy which was replaced by turbot, still pretty good --god i think i've been on way too many princess cruises! they didn't have the love boat dream every night in may , but it was back on the menu every night on this one. and shrimp cocktail was always available...i think the menus may just be different on the caribbean princess...

i was on the golden two weeks ago, they still have the same old princess menu--the french menu is still there and the same (frogs legs duck and escargot, and of course the onion soup!) ...i think the menus may just be different on the caribbean princess...

Interesting Jennifer. I thought the Caribbean Menu was only on the Caribbean Princess but we had it on the Star Princess in December.

Last summer - they had the French Menu in Alaska but had renamed it "Continental Menu".

--------

For the most part - I like Princess' menus. As soon as they start changing them, they take things away that I like (Harlequin Souffle wasn't on the Star Princess).

i can never figure out exactly what they are doing, they could just be changing things from ship to ship...i never really look at the titles of the menus anymore i guess because i am so used to them...

i've been on the golden twice , i can't remember the number on the one in may, but i was in an inside at the very back of the ship just under lido deck. the one i was on a couple of weeks ago we had E203 which was a BF balcony cabin on emerald. we loved this cabin's location...i've also been on the grand twice in balcony cabins...i'd be happy to answer any specific questions if i can...

Thanks everybody.

I especially appreciated the post about it being no different than a land restaurant. You are correct. Our favorite land restuarant changes it's menu monthly, so maybe I am spoiled. Most restaurants NEVER change their menus, and I happily go back week after week.

Thanks again.

J

When I go to a land restaurant I expect them to have the same menu items each time. I pick which restaurant to go to by what I want to eat at the time. If the food choices have changed, and what I went there for was not offered, I wouldn’t be very happy. I like consistency in the choices offered and the quality.

Hello,

Just courious, does anyone know if the menu for the Island Princess Alaska cruises are the same as I have read on these boards for when the Island goes to Hawaii??

Alaskan menus are slightly different. They look similiar to the other menus with slight changes plus there is an Alaskan Menu one night.

Archived