Venice Post Cruise - Is there a better way?

rosie#1

I will be staying in Venice two days post cruise. My plan is to stay at the Hilton Molino (using points) the first night and the Airport Marriott the second night. We have an 8:am flight the following day. My thinking is that we can store our luggage at the Hilton after we check out. We would spend the day in Venice and then take the Alilaguna to the airport. Would we be better off staying at the Hilton both nights and taking a private water taxi the day of the flight? Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Since the Hilton is not in Venice, I think you should spend both nights there. Leaving your luggage there after checkout means you have to go into Venice, then back to Guidecca to get it, THEN to the airport. 8 AM is doable to stay there the 2nd night. You're going to have a lot of schlepping around as it is. I was offered to stay there for free but chose a hotel right in the heart of Venice instead to get the full experience; but I understand it's a nice place.

I will be staying in Venice two days post cruise. My plan is to stay at the Hilton Molino (using points) the first night and the Airport Marriott the second night. We have an 8:am flight the following day. My thinking is that we can store our luggage at the Hilton after we check out. We would spend the day in Venice and then take the Alilaguna to the airport. Would we be better off staying at the Hilton both nights and taking a private water taxi the day of the flight? Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Venetians would be surprised to learn that Guidecca is not in Venice. In fact it is an integral part of the city.

I hear the Hilton is very good although it may be similar to a Hilton in Miami or San Diego. It is 10 minutes by free launch from St. mark's. Figure on 35 minutes plus a 10 minute walk at the airport by water taxi. Therefore you have to leave around 5:30. On the other hand, the Marriott which is 5 minutes from the airport is also very good.

If you don't want to be rushed, opt for plan a . Plan b involves less moving around.

Hi

Had you considered staying in Mestre, a suburb of Venice?

It's well connected to Venice by both the train and buses (#2 bus) which travel every 10-15 minutes. Cost of the train is 1 Euro pp each way, and the bus is 1.10 Euro each way. Or you can buy a 2 or 3-day travel pass that is valid for both the bus and water buses in Venice.

The Airport bus stops right outside many hotels on Viale Stazione - right across from the train station. You'll find the Hotel Tritone, Hotel Plaza, and Best Western Hotel Bologna among others.

Hope this helps.

Bev

I would recommend the Crowne Plaza Venice East-Quarto D'Altiono. We stayed there for three nights precruise in may of 08. It is located right next to a train station, with a 30 minute ride into Venice (for which they provided us free tickets daily, you would have to ask if they still do that). They also pick up, or in your case, bring you back, to the airport free of charge if you reserve online, for sure. It is mentioned on their website.

To me, moving from one hotel to another for a two night stay is too much trouble.

Ellie

Archived