obstructed view

GTVCRUISER

They are sold as inside, but the french doors open (usually, a few times Iv heard they didnt, maybe those are HC cabins?) .. the view is blocked by muster boats, so try and get in between boats as much as you can by looking at the deck plans.

The 4K's on the Spirit class ships that have a picture window in leiu of french doors are: 4202, 4203, 4205 and 4207. Just as the above poster mentioned, look at the deck plans and try to select a cabin that has the davit poles outside instead of the boats. Listed below are a few cabin #'s that I jotted down from a previous post. These cabins were said to have the davit poles outside which resulted in somewhat of a partial view instead of a totally obstructed view by the entire lifeboat.

4122, 4123, 4140, 4141, 4148, 4149, 4196, 4197.

Good luck to you. :)

We've had the category 4K obstructed view cabins on both Carnival Miracle and Carnival Pride. The French Doors open, but there are signs on the doors not to as they open onto a catwalk along the lifeboats. Here are links to a few of my photos. The view will depend on the position of the lifeboats.

Carnival Pride:

P1140248

View between the lifeboats from our cabin on Carival Pride:

P1150303

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

We had cabin 4140 on the Legend (the same class of ship). Here is our "view" when we were in Grand Cayman:

Carnival%20Legend%20-%20269.JPG

As a comparison, our kids were in cabin 4136 and their view was completely obstructed by the lifeboat:

Carnival%20Legend%20-%20065.JPG

Some more photos from 4140:

Carnival%20Legend%20-%20062.JPG

Carnival%20Legend%20-%20058.JPG

This photo was take by opening the french doors and leaning out. (You can see the end of the waist-high railing on the outside of the doors that prevents you from going outside.) During the week there were often crew members on this catwalk working on the lifeboats.

Carnival%20Legend%20-%20136.JPG

As I understand it, the advantage to the cabins on deck 4 is inside pricing with the square footage of a balcony cabin... and... some light from the french door.

Yep,,,a very reasonable price, and light and fresh air from opening the French Doors. We used to get these cabins for the price of an inside, but Carnival noticed that they were VERY popular, and raised the price of the 4K category, but they are still a bargain, especially if you can get between the boats.

"SKY"

• 1 year later...
We had cabin 4140 on the Legend (the same class of ship). Here is our "view" when we were in Grand Cayman:

Carnival%20Legend%20-%20269.JPG

As a comparison, our kids were in cabin 4136 and their view was completely obstructed by the lifeboat:

Carnival%20Legend%20-%20065.JPG

Thanks much! We just booked on the Pride for a New Years Day Cruise. We booked a cheap inner and they moved us to a 4K room....4136 ! I saw your pics, gave them a call and had them move us to 4123, a room right in between the lifeboats. PERFECT. Your pics were very helpful !

The 4K's on the Spirit class ships that have a picture window in leiu of french doors are: 4202, 4203, 4205 and 4207. Just as the above poster mentioned, look at the deck plans and try to select a cabin that has the davit poles outside instead of the boats. Listed below are a few cabin #'s that I jotted down from a previous post. These cabins were said to have the davit poles outside which resulted in somewhat of a partial view instead of a totally obstructed view by the entire lifeboat.

4122, 4123, 4140, 4141, 4148, 4149, 4196, 4197.

Good luck to you. :)

We were on the Spirit last December on a Christmas cruise and had Cabin 4196. It was an obstructed view. I did just what others mentioned (looking at a deck plan to find the "best" obstructed view) I would never book obstructed view again. It was not worth the $75 savings. That was my first balcony experience and while I enjoyed sitting outside, It got old looking at the bright orange and white life boat below us. This is just my opinion. It didn't bother my boyfriend in the slightest. Needless to say, we are leaving on the Conquest in three weeks and this will be my first real balcony experience. Super excited about it!

We were on the Spirit last December on a Christmas cruise and had Cabin 4196. It was an obstructed view. I did just what others mentioned (looking at a deck plan to find the "best" obstructed view) I would never book obstructed view again. It was not worth the $75 savings. That was my first balcony experience and while I enjoyed sitting outside, It got old looking at the bright orange and white life boat below us. This is just my opinion. It didn't bother my boyfriend in the slightest. Needless to say, we are leaving on the Conquest in three weeks and this will be my first real balcony experience. Super excited about it!

Okay, I'm confused ! Again ! The rest of thread is referring to 4K's w/French Doors......no balcony, just a catwalk that's for crew only.

You had a balcony which you go out on ? Same level ?

Thanks.

I booked 4197 on the Legend. Our last cruise on the Legend was an extended balcony, and we find that we don't spend a lot of time on the balcony, but more time with other people on the ship. So we are trying the "interior" with french doors. We will have light, fresh air, and can hear the ocean at night without paying a balcony price. I will(as always) do a review when we return from that trip, but it's next year ....arghhhhhh

Okay, I'm confused ! Again ! The rest of thread is referring to 4K's w/French Doors......no balcony, just a catwalk that's for crew only.

You had a balcony which you go out on ? Same level ?

Thanks.

I think the poster is confused-there is the interior with french doors, and some of them have an obstructed view(life boats) and then there are balcony cabins on the next level up, and they have obstructed views too. the top of the life boats. Two different cabin types, but the layout of the interior with french doors is the same as a balcony cabin. It has a sofa, desk, chair, table, two beds that can be made into king, it just doesn't have a balcony. It may have a really obstructed view-of a life boat, or a semi obstructeded view-between two life boats.

Archived