Size of bottle of wine

I am going to be preordering some wine for my family members for sail away. How large is the bottle of wine that you order. I don't mean ordering the Wine Package - just want to order a couple of bottles for the first day. I want to order Pinot Grigio and it just list price of $37.00 but not the amount in the bottle.

thanks.

I am going to be preordering some wine for my family members for sail away. How large is the bottle of wine that you order. I don't mean ordering the Wine Package - just want to order a couple of bottles for the first day. I want to order Pinot Grigio and it just list price of $37.00 but not the amount in the bottle.

thanks.

Aren't all bottles of wine the same size? It is a regular bottle like you would find anywhere.

Aren't all bottles of wine the same size? It is a regular bottle like you would find anywhere.

Wine comes in half bottles, full bottles, magnums and double magnums. You are probably right that on the ship they would be the regular full bottle.

Basic skinny bottles...not the big ones! Wine is sooooo overpriced!

Two observations:

1. Wine in the main dining room is 750 ml which is the standard size. The larger bottles are generally reserved for champagne and not readily available on board. They do sell smaller bottles in the Windjammer that are smaller size and are considered 1 serving.

2. Wine on board is not overpriced if it is compared to what you would pay in most of the land based restaurants. If you compare it to the price at Costco, then yes, it is higher. Instead, look at what you pay is a good local restaurant and you will see the same 200% - 300% markup. The issue with me is not the markup, but the very limited selection. I won't drink or pay $28 or so dollars for a white zinfandel. Won't do it here or on board. Yet, if I purchase a wine package, it is always one of the choices. Not knocking people who like the wine, it's just my choice not to drink it or to buy the wine package.

The bottles are 750ml. And I agree with Mark that the wines aren't overpriced when compared to restaurant prices. Maybe the lower end wines are more like 4-5x retail, but we go for the middle to upper range most of the time and have been pretty happy.

And I agree with Mark that the wines aren't overpriced when compared to restaurant prices.

Not the restaurants I frequent. I can get a good $10 bottle of wine for $22-$32 in a restaurant. On the ship, you're paying .. what .. $30-$35 for a $5-$8 bottle of wine. Heck, one restaurant here gives away bottles of La Terre on Monday nights (it sets them back about $2.50 in qty).

But I do agree that IF you are going to pay their prices, you might as well pay $45-$60 and get a decent $15 bottle.

Not the restaurants I frequent. I can get a good $10 bottle of wine for $22-$32 in a restaurant. On the ship, you're paying .. what .. $30-$35 for a $5-$8 bottle of wine. Heck, one restaurant here gives away bottles of La Terre on Monday nights (it sets them back about $2.50 in qty).

But I do agree that IF you are going to pay their prices, you might as well pay $45-$60 and get a decent $15 bottle.

The Daily Grill, a middling quality/price restaurant in Long Beach, charges more for a bottle of La Terrible than RCI does.:eek: And I did say that the lower priced wines tend to be 4-5x retail...

Archived