Since the Connie refurb are the hairdryers still in the bathroom ?

heatherb1958

I have done a search and there wasn't an answer to my query.

My experience of the hairdryers on Celebrity ships are of the 60's style tubular ones situated in the bathrooms which burn your hand as you try to dry your hair. Since the Constellation has had a major refurbishment are there now 'proper' hairdryers ? if so where are they? If anyone has seen the movie Shampoo starring Warren Beatty we all know hairdryers and steamy bathrooms do not mix:D.

I have done a search and there wasn't an answer to my query.

My experience of the hairdryers on Celebrity ships are of the 60's style tubular ones situated in the bathrooms which burn your hand as you try to dry your hair. Since the Constellation has had a major refurbishment are there now 'proper' hairdryers ? if so where are they? If anyone has seen the movie Shampoo starring Warren Beatty we all know hairdryers and steamy bathrooms do not mix:D.

I am curious about this also.........The old ones were a waste of time. They need hand held ones with some power.

They still have the same tubular dryers that burn your hands. We were on the Connie two weeks ago, ship is beautiful but they didn't upgrade the dryers. Too bad, they really do not work at all.

Janet

Thankyou for the replies everyone, quess I will have to take my travel one then. Every ounce of weight we pack has to be justified for flights these days :).

Don't want any excess baggage charges :eek:

There should be a portable one in one of the drawers in your stateroom. If not, ask the room attendant to bring one for you. No need to pack one.

We just returned home from a Baltic Cruise on the Constellation. Boarding was delayed because of the deep-cleaning due to the noro virus. Anyway - a portable hair dryer was on the vanity/desk (I think) I just know it wasn't in the bathroom. At first I thought it odd but then realized that they must have stripped the room because of the cleaning and were slowly returning things - the little q-tip.cotton container arrived the 2nd/3rd day! Those room stewards were really working "overtime"!!

But there was a hair dryer - and on the Summit in 2008 I found on in a drawer in the bathroom. Both times we had concierge room - don't know if that made a difference. The hair dryer wasn't the strongest but worked OK with my hair which is short and thin.

Have a great cruise!!

We were on the Connie in Jan... so for those not familiar, one needs to lower the toilet seat to flush as the button is in the back. Anyway as I stood and turned to reach for the seat my hand knocked the dryer off the rack. Of course it automatically turns on and it landed in the unflushed toilet!!:eek::eek::eek: I was picturing myself getting electrocuted if I tried to pull it out, but in my panicky state I did. Needless to say I am still alive, but am not sure how they actually cleaned it. The same dryer remained in my room.:( I was very scared of it after that and have made sure NOT to ever book that stateroom again until there are new dryers!

Pat

We were on the Connie in Jan... so for those not familiar, one needs to lower the toilet seat to flush as the button is in the back. Anyway as I stood and turned to reach for the seat my hand knocked the dryer off the rack. Of course it automatically turns on and it landed in the unflushed toilet!!:eek::eek::eek: I was picturing myself getting electrocuted if I tried to pull it out, but in my panicky state I did. Needless to say I am still alive, but am not sure how they actually cleaned it. The same dryer remained in my room.:( I was very scared of it after that and have made sure NOT to ever book that stateroom again until there are new dryers!

Pat

I hope you told the cabin attendant about this mishap. Otherwise, there would be no reason for him/her to suspect anything unusual about this hairdryer that would require careful cleaning and sanitizing. I shudder to think about the poor, unsuspecting people to use that bathroom after you if no one was alerted that it needed to be sanitized. We're on the Connie in three weeks. What was the stateroom number?

I hope you told the cabin attendant about this mishap. Otherwise, there would be no reason for him/her to suspect anything unusual about this hairdryer that would require careful cleaning and sanitizing. I shudder to think about the poor, unsuspecting people to use that bathroom after you if no one was alerted that it needed to be sanitized. We're on the Connie in three weeks. What was the stateroom number?

It was reported!!! I thought I had implied that. Cabin 8077.. I just can't imagine how they cleaned it. It would get totally through it. I wonder if I so easily knocked it off ...how many times has this happened before??? The dryers are not attached securely

It was reported!!! I thought I had implied that. Cabin 8077.. I just can't imagine how they cleaned it. It would get totally through it. I wonder if I so easily knocked it off ...how many times has this happened before??? The dryers are not attached securely

Fantastic - it's not my stateroom! :)

Sorry that I didn't pick up that you reported the situation. I'm sure they got it clean. Considering all the different people, with their different styles and habits, and different ways they can get things dirty, I don't doubt that they know some secret cleaning techniques we have never needed to know about :D

We were last on the Connie 10/09 in a balcony cabin with the horrible hair dryer in the bathroom:(. When I asked the stateroom attendant for a hand held dryer I was told they are only in CC level or higher. I used the hand towel over the hose as to not burn my hand. Bring your own dryer if not CC or higher,

Enjoy your cruise.

Archived