waitlisted for late seating

How does this work? Will we get an email from RCI or will it just show up on our reservation? Is there any hope if we are still wait listed by sail date if we go to the MDR after we board?

Early seating is a fate worse than death for my DH. I can't get him away from the pool area/happy hour until 6pm:(

We were waitlisted on this coming cruise initially, but after a few weeks, I called and reminded them we were on the wait list. As it turns out, we were moved off the wait list. Perhaps give them a call to see if you've been moved. If nothing else it will serve as a reminder to red flag your request. I know it would be nice if they called to let you know, but truthfully, they probably are too busy. Following up a few times yourself will probably work out better for you. Good luck.

How does this work? Will we get an email from RCI or will it just show up on our reservation? Is there any hope if we are still wait listed by sail date if we go to the MDR after we board?

Early seating is a fate worse than death for my DH. I can't get him away from the pool area/happy hour until 6pm:(

Absolutely, I'd switch to MTD. Actually, why don't you just sign up for it online? That way hubby doesn't have any schedule at all (unless you want him to have one) :D :D

We were waitlisted once on Mariner and did not get our late seating. Early seating is just not our thing so we went to Chops & Portofino 4 nights out of 7. The Windjammer the other 3.

We later discovered that there was a large Quincianera (sp?) party on board that had taken up all of the late seating.

At that particular time we dropped off some "donations" in a general tip box in the WJ.

Now, we book MTD and come and go as we please. MDR some nights, specialties some nights, Windjammer some nights. The best thing about MTD is that your gratuities are prepaid and you have no worries about when and where to leave them.

If you have not been notified before you leave for your cruise, you will find out whether or not you have cleared the wait list when you check in and look at your seapass card. If you have been assigned to early seating, you go directly to the main dining room when you board and request to be changed to MTD. Then, if the dining times for late seating best fit your requirements you can replicate it in MTD by making a standing reservation for that time for every night of your cruise. You can probably also get the same wait staff every evening and it will be just what you are used to in traditional dining. You can still, if you so choose, dine in one of the specialty restaurants on some evenings or in the Windjammer Cafe if it suits your purposes.:) Out of courtesy to the wait staff you might advise them in advance if you will not be coming to dinner any particular night(s).:)

when we booked we were also told that MTD was full as well!! Seems like my family of 6 will be the only ones at early seating:p

You should still go to see the Maitre'd when you board the ship to see if you can change from early to late or to MTD. There are likely to be some people there who are interested in changing their late seating assignment to early and a swap might be possible. Regardless, you won't be the only ones at early seating, especially since it is quite popular with families with younger children.:) Think positively and your wish may come true. If not,you may even find that there are some advantages to eating earlier.;)

Archived