Wifi

fazer59

Going on consttalion is there free wifi to tap onto?

When we were going thru the Panama on the Azamara J, whilst stopping at Aruba managed to pick up a signal from one of the cafes ashore :D also depends on which side you are facing:p it was fine just to pick up messages etc.

those prices are outrageous

Then don't use it. I agree it's expensive but for me I don't use the Internet much while cruising or spend time in a port sitting in a wifi bar.

I usually get some hrs to send a few emails to the kids and I set up a new email address (cuts down on wasting time on unneeded emails) and give it To family and a few friends and also to one if my workmates to forward impotant emails.

I don't surf or read websites and just use it for emails and that is limited. But my inputs are subjective.

Enjoy your cruise!

Den

Not sure about Constellation, but the Wifi in the computer area was SLOW! Folks were fussing, said they thought the ship did it on purpose, to get more money as it took so long to connect , work, and send. I went in one time, took forever to connect and get what I wanted, so I gave up. We had friends who Skyped their kids every day-they just knew it was going to be expensive and paid for the big package, twice! Also, we had some problems with using own computers. They did not seem to work so well with WiFi, but the ship did have cables to connect.

No cruise line makes the internet slow on purpose to make more money. The problem is that you are dependent on satellite which will be slower than DSL at home and you have the added challenges of the ship sailing in various areas of the ocean and high demand. If you use the internet at off hours where there is less demand the connection times will be faster.

Keith

Then don't use it. I agree it's expensive but for me I don't use the Internet much while cruising or spend time in a port sitting in a wifi bar.

I usually get some hrs to send a few emails to the kids and I set up a new email address (cuts down on wasting time on unneeded emails) and give it To family and a few friends and also to one if my workmates to forward impotant emails.

I don't surf or read websites and just use it for emails and that is limited. But my inputs are subjective.

Enjoy your cruise!

Den

Great Idea! I'm bringing only my Iphone and connect only for quick emails and shut down, most of these will be done in ports and can use local wifi or even servers would be cheaper than the ship.

Archived