WOW Sales

DGNY

Please excuse this newbie's ignorance, but what are we talking about??

Basically if you book during it, you get 50% off the deposit plus some OBC (amount varies based on length of cruise...a 7 night cruise would be $100). The actual cost of the cruise doesn't change.

Just remember that everyone who waited for the last WOW sale to book cruises ended up with the new price drop policy, which was anounced and took affect on the first day of the sale, instead of the old policy. I can only imagine what RCI is going to surprise everyone with who waits for the next WOW sale to book. Whatever it is I suppose there will be no warning and it will take effect on the first day of the sale just like the last time.:rolleyes:

I'm booking for Nov 2011, but I'm afraid to wait until this Oct/Nov to book for fear that the room rates will have risen or room selection will be limited.

Can I make a ressie now and have the fall WOW sale applied to an existing booking, or can I cancel my current ressie and rebook if the sale price/OBC makes it a better deal?

I'm booking for Nov 2011, but I'm afraid to wait until this Oct/Nov to book for fear that the room rates will have risen or room selection will be limited.

Can I make a ressie now and have the fall WOW sale applied to an existing booking, or can I cancel my current ressie and rebook if the sale price/OBC makes it a better deal?

The WOW sale is for new bookings only and the rules are very specific that you cannot cancel and rebook to get the deal.

The sale is usually announced several days ahead of time.

If your a diamond member - the wow sale doesn't do much good except it cuts the deposit in half - but if you want a specific cabin your better to book now - we are also looking for a cruise in November next year and we will book it very soon, not waiting til the fall. Love to do Royal but want some new ports - so going to check around - wish they would send a couple of ships on a new itinerary, getting tired of the regular Eastern and Western Itineraries:)

On August 10th last year I booked a cruise during a Tuesday WOW sale. So it seems there is a sale more than once a year, maybe two or even three times; who knows. I've already booked my winter cruise for December of this year & not during a wow sale. Good luck.

On August 10th last year I booked a cruise during a Tuesday WOW sale. So it seems there is a sale more than once a year, maybe two or even three times; who knows. I've already booked my winter cruise for December of this year & not during a wow sale. Good luck.

The Tuesday Sales Event is not the same thing as a WOW sale. :)

Archived