JR suite tipping?

The latter one. A JS is larger and the steward has more to clean

Actually, for tipping purposes, a junior suite is considered to be in the same category as all staterooms that are not full suites and the daily tip for your room steward is $3.50 per person/per day. Now if Stewart does an exceptional job as your room steward, feel free to include a little extra in his tip.:D

I'm new to RCI...my 1st RCI cruise is next spring.

Am I understanding, through this thread, that our tips are NOT auto-charged? That we tip individually in envelopes (as it was back in the day)? I've just gotten quite accustomed to the automatic daily tip charge on my S&S account...and then I'll tip in cash for extra service on top of that at the end of my cruise. How is this handled on RCI?

What about ordering drinks? What I'm used to on CCL, NCL, HAL is a 15% gratuity built into the cost of the drink. Is it the same way on RCI?

Thank you for the quick replies. Our next cruise will be our 2nd RCI cruise in as many months. We had such a good time we are taking the same ship and itinerary. This time the JR is an upgrade from the D2 we had last time. Got to do all the things we regret not doing on the last one. The JR was less cost than the D2 so we couldn’t pass up the deal.

Am I understanding, through this thread, that our tips are NOT auto-charged? That we tip individually in envelopes (as it was back in the day)? I've just gotten quite accustomed to the automatic daily tip charge on my S&S account...and then I'll tip in cash for extra service on top of that at the end of my cruise. How is this handled on RCI?

What about ordering drinks? What I'm used to on CCL, NCL, HAL is a 15% gratuity built into the cost of the drink. Is it the same way on RCI?

You can elect to pre-pay your gratuities and have them added into your final payment or you can do it once on the ship and they will be automatically added to your SeaPass account.

When ordering anything from the various bars, a 15% gratuity is automatically added on to your bill.

Tips are NOT automatically charged to your account. However you can elect to prepay the tips or you can sign a form authorizing RCI to add your tips to your onboard account. The one exception to the "no auto-charged tips" rule is if you opt for My Time Dining. In that specific instance your tips will be automatically added to your bill. At the end of the cruise you will receive envelopes to hand out to the room steward and the dining room staff. If you have prepaid your tips or authorized their addition to your account, you will also receive vouchers that you can put into those envelopes. It remains up to you whether or not any of the service was worthy of an additional cash tip. More often than not, we have found that it was. Drinks that you order on the ship will include a 15% gratuity in the bill that you sign at the time of service.:)

As others have said, the tipping guidelines for the JS are the same as regular staterooms. That being said, we've always split the difference between the regular stateroom guidelines and those for suites.

Archived