Transportation needed from amtrak to airport

csteck

Good Morning, I am looking for a hotel in Seattle. I need to arrange a pick up at the Amtrak station in downtown Seattle . Then I need a transfer to the airport in the morning. I can find lot's of hotels by the airport with free airport shuttle service. I am having trouble finding a hotel that has pick up service for Amtrak. I was told that taxi service would be about $40.00 for a pick up at Amtrak with a drop off at a hotel near the airport. I want to spend under $100.00, under $ 80.00 would be better for a hotel room.

I was told that some of the down town hotels use a pick up service for the airport with a $ 8.50 transfer fee on greyline airport express. Any ideas would be appreciated. Carla

Greyline does a transfer service from SeaTac to several of the downtown Seattle hotels. Here's their website:

http://graylineseattle.com/airportexpress1.cfm

I don't know of any hotels that have a shuttle to the Amtrak station, but a cab from the Amtrak station to most of the downtown hotels won't run you more than $10-$15 at the absolute most. There will probably be plenty of cabs waiting at the station when you get off the train.

Thanks Calikak, you have been very helpful. I checked out the web site and found a list of hotels in the downtown area that have airport service. I'm sure one of the hotels will meet my needs. Thanks again. Carla

A cab from Seatac to downtown Seattle will run $25+++ . Then a cab to the depot shouldn't be more than $10. There is also a shuttle service in baggage claim that does a downtown "hotel run", may be cheaper? But with 2 people usually the cab is the most direct and quickest option.

We had a day and a half in Seattle - this was on the front end of our cruise. We flew into Seattle and took Amtrak the next morning to Vancouver. We never hired a cab, but took the Metro bus all around.

I purchased day passes from their website before we went. We could ride all day - anywhere for $5.00 per person. We stayed at a hotel right across the street from SeaTac. Took the bus that afternoon downtown and had dinner there. It was pretty cool walking around downtown late afternoon, early evening and trying to figure out the bus route - we really had a lot of fun!

That night at the room, we got the schedules out and asked at the front desk how to negotiate the bus for the morning jaunt to the Train Station. The bus came right to our hotel and picked us up, along with our tons of luggage. And we told the driver where we were headed. He said he would tell us when we needed to get off. When we arrived at our stop, we hopped off and walked a block and a half to the station. We paid only $20 (4 day passes) for transportation the whole time we were in Seattle.

We booked a room at the Hilton Garden Inn in Renton (close to the airport via Priceline - it was a 21/2* hotel, all of them in that area have free shuttle service) for $33/night (about $46 with taxes and fees). They have a free airport shuttle and free shuttle to area malls, shopping etc.

We were going to take a cab the next AM from the hotel to Amtrak...but since there were 5 of us and we would need 2 cabs we ended up arranging a limo service...they are picking us up at the hotel in a van and transporting all 5 of us to Amtrak for $40. So even with tip that is under $10/pp to get to the train station. I like the idea of public transportation and would usually jump on the bus but on this trip we will have my 84 y/o mother so we opted for the van service.

Be careful not to stay too close to the train station...as I recall it is a pretty rough neighborhood.

mhb1757,

Sounds like we are going to try to do the same thing. What limo service did you arrange for the van in Seattle?

We will be there late August.

I just called the Hilton Garden Inn (the hotel we got through Priceline)...they were very nice and told me they had a car service they used often....they made they arrangements and I got the confirmation from the car service....I am sorry I do not remember the name....I will check in a couple of days when I get home.

I think almost any hotel could hook you up with a company they use.

Archived