Evaluating a beverage package? Here is a beverage list with prices, as of mid-2010.

jg51

I also bought a premuin non alcohollic package and on my summary it says zero packages ordered. However, I clicked on view beverage packages and it comes up. Also under make a payment..it lists the beverage package as paid. However in one place it shows it as a paid shore excursion. Called Celebrity and they have it right on their records. I printed it ALL out to take with me just in case.

Hi all, we have returned from our Millennium cruise 2 weeks ago and both of us had the classic drinks package. I have to say that this is fantastic, we were never without a drink and most of the waiter know after a day or so that you have a package. At dinner (we were on anytime dinning) both Sommeliers were great. They knew after 2 nights what we drank and would bring a bottle of the wine put it in a ice bucket and would tell us that they were not taking it back and we would have to finish it, serfice to say we always did.

Any questions just ask and i will try to accommodate.

Graeme

It has been a while since your cruise but I would really appreciate the feedback. We drink wine for dinner. There is a reasonable priced $39 a bottle wine that we like on the list, but I did'nt realize that wine by the bottle was included in the classic package. Was it only a few wines? Please let me know, because that would really make a difference in buying a package or not. We are leaving this week so a quick reply would be really appreciated. :-)

Thank you.

It has been a while since your cruise but I would really appreciate the feedback. We drink wine for dinner. There is a reasonable priced $39 a bottle wine that we like on the list, but I did'nt realize that wine by the bottle was included in the classic package. Was it only a few wines? Please let me know, because that would really make a difference in buying a package or not. We are leaving this week so a quick reply would be really appreciated. :-)

Thank you.

Only wine by the glass is included in the package. The wine waiter in the MDR will open the selected bottle & pour you your "glass", often they leave the bottle near so that you can have refills as you are entitled to unlimited refills! Wines to the value of $8 a glass are included in the Classic Package & up to $12 a glass in the Premium package! Earlier in this thread someone has posted a drinks list so you could check out the wines available! I had the premium package on our last trip & had no complaints with the selection of wines available by the glass! Note mineral waters eg Evian & posh coffees were included too along with most other drink so we often finished our dinner with an Irish coffee or a baileys! My advice, do it!:) Have a good trip

I really enjoy coffee, but as I remember, even after Celebrity changed from the liquid concentrate, their coffee is still bad. I also read that the beverage packages are not included with room service, and can not be used in the cabin. Does that really mean that I have to go to the Café to order an espresso, but I can’t bring it back to the cabin to enjoy on the balcony? I also read that you can only order 1 drink at a time. Does that really mean that if I and my wife have two drink packages, we must go to the bar individually to order? Does that also mean in the MDR that I can’t order a freshly squeezed OJ with my espresso? I really like the idea of the Premium package, but if it is going to be that inconvenient, why bother. What has everyone’s experiences been?

In my opinion, you can get your espresso at Cafe el Baccio/Cova and take it back to the room. It is no concern to Celebrity where you consume your drink. Also, just bring both your wife's and your card to get both espresso's.

I am sure that they will not make trouble for ordering both juice and coffee at breakfast considering both of you have the package. If not, complain.

Has anyone ever tried adding a drink package mid-way in the cruise? We will be on the Mercury for 12 nights in November. 5 of those days will be in port, and we don't think it will be very economical for port days. We were leaning towards going a la carte until day 7 or 8 and then trying to pick up the premium package for the rest of the cruise. Is this possible?

Thanks.

The info for our cruise states that the drinks packages will only be available for purchase prior to cruising and day one.

I really enjoy coffee, but as I remember, even after Celebrity changed from the liquid concentrate, their coffee is still bad. I also read that the beverage packages are not included with room service, and can not be used in the cabin. Does that really mean that I have to go to the Café to order an espresso, but I can’t bring it back to the cabin to enjoy on the balcony? I also read that you can only order 1 drink at a time. Does that really mean that if I and my wife have two drink packages, we must go to the bar individually to order? Does that also mean in the MDR that I can’t order a freshly squeezed OJ with my espresso? I really like the idea of the Premium package, but if it is going to be that inconvenient, why bother. What has everyone’s experiences been?

In our experience you take any drink you buy on the ship back to your room

I just wrote this on another board about drink prices. Hope it helps.

When you buy the package they will add 15% to the per day price.

So, the answer is, when using your package you do not pay extra

tax/tip....tax is a wrong word (no tax just tip/gratuity)

For our 11 day Millenniuim trip the Premium Beverage Pkg. is $619.85

That comes to $49 a day plus 15% equals $56.35 times 11 (days) equals $619.86

It was also mentioned that you can buy it for as many days as you wish at least two days before final

cruise day. So if you only wanted it for the last 6 days of the cruise you would take $56.35 times 6 for 338.10.

Confirmed just now by someone in the beverage package department.

We are also booked on the Millenium for 11 nts to the carribean and our drinks package offer states that you can't buy by the day, you can only buy for the whole cruise.

Quote *All prices in AUD are subject to change without notice. A 15% service charge will be added to Soda, Wine, Water, Classic and Premium Package prices at checkout. Packages are sold on a per cruise basis, are not sold on a per day or any other basis, and no refunds will be issued for unused amounts. Packages may not be shared, and do not include beverages sold in gift shops, mini-bar or room service. Ordered packages may be modified up to four days prior to sailing by canceling and reordering the package. Cancellations or refunds will not be issued onboard the vessel after embarkation day. Availability of beverage packages varies by ship. You must be at least 21 years of age to purchase any alcoholic package and to consume alcohol. See the terms of our guest alcohol policy. Other terms and conditions apply.

We are also booked on the Millenium for 11 nts to the carribean and our drinks package offer states that you can't buy by the day, you can only buy for the whole cruise.

Quote *All prices in AUD are subject to change without notice. A 15% service charge will be added to Soda, Wine, Water, Classic and Premium Package prices at checkout. Packages are sold on a per cruise basis, are not sold on a per day or any other basis, and no refunds will be issued for unused amounts. Packages may not be shared, and do not include beverages sold in gift shops, mini-bar or room service. Ordered packages may be modified up to four days prior to sailing by canceling and reordering the package. Cancellations or refunds will not be issued onboard the vessel after embarkation day. Availability of beverage packages varies by ship. You must be at least 21 years of age to purchase any alcoholic package and to consume alcohol. See the terms of our guest alcohol policy. Other terms and conditions apply.

You are absolutely correct. Chalk this up to telephone workers who don't give good information. When I rechecked that particular statement it was stated that one or eleven days pay the same price. Maybe some other Celebrity ships do a per day charge, but not the Mille. Thanks for posting your correct statement.

You are absolutely correct. Chalk this up to telephone workers who don't give good information. When I rechecked that particular statement it was stated that one or eleven days pay the same price. Maybe some other Celebrity ships do a per day charge, but not the Mille. Thanks for posting your correct statement.

Your welcome, I only new because I'd just read it before reading your post while looking at the drinks packages for us ;)

I saw it listed uder the premium pkg. list..go to celebrity site and it shows the different pkg's and if you click on them it shows what alcohol is listed for those individual pkg's offered..

Does anyone know for sure, without assuming, whether Bacardi is on the classic list?

In my opinion, you can get your espresso at Cafe el Baccio/Cova and take it back to the room. It is no concern to Celebrity where you consume your drink. Also, just bring both your wife's and your card to get both espresso's.

I am sure that they will not make trouble for ordering both juice and coffee at breakfast considering both of you have the package. If not, complain.

To follow up on this (I'm a bit obsessed with my coffee)....are the espresso based drinks available in the MDR and any of bars and/or buffets besides the Cafe el Baccio/Cova? Doesn't sound like I'll be able to have a cappuccino out by the pool, correct?

I am pretty sure you can order your espresso from the MDR..I don't think by the pool tho..

To follow up on this (I'm a bit obsessed with my coffee)....are the espresso based drinks available in the MDR and any of bars and/or buffets besides the Cafe el Baccio/Cova? Doesn't sound like I'll be able to have a cappuccino out by the pool, correct?

I saw it listed uder the premium pkg. list..go to celebrity site and it shows the different pkg's and if you click on them it shows what alcohol is listed for those individual pkg's offered..

I saw that too but wasn't sure wether it was just advertising brands on the page as it's all labels and the classic page states and more. Seems strange when travelling to the home of Bacardi, it being priced at the premium rate, (if it is) as it's the same price as all other spirits here not classed as premium thats for sure so it seems strange, that's why I asked.

Also I was wondering if I'd have a problem getting what I like to drink even on premium as I only like canned diet coke with my Bacardi (although I use the can for 2-3 drinks) But after reading this site I'm worried I might struggle with it being considerd as 2 drinks?

Maybe just call Celebrity and ask them directly. I was just going by what I saw on the page. I haven't used one of the pkg's before but will probably buy the premium one(I LIKE martinis!) when I get on the ship..1 week from Sunday!!! Don't they usually give the can to you if you ask anyway?

I saw that too but wasn't sure wether it was just advertising brands on the page as it's all labels and the classic page states and more. Seems strange when travelling to the home of Bacardi, it being priced at the premium rate, (if it is) as it's the same price as all other spirits here not classed as premium thats for sure so it seems strange, that's why I asked.

Also I was wondering if I'd have a problem getting what I like to drink even on premium as I only like canned diet coke with my Bacardi (although I use the can for 2-3 drinks) But after reading this site I'm worried I might struggle with it being considerd as 2 drinks?

First time Celebrity cruiser here-

I'm booked for April 16 on the Century. I guess I have to ask a "dumb" question- if you don't pick a package, does that mean whatever you drink will be charged to your room? I'm more of a mixed drink person.

There is a lot to check out before April, and we still don't have a flight booked!! so expensive... hoping the prices will go down within the next week...

thanks for bearing with a "newbie"!!

:D

First time Celebrity cruiser here-

I'm booked for April 16 on the Century. I guess I have to ask a "dumb" question- if you don't pick a package, does that mean whatever you drink will be charged to your room? I'm more of a mixed drink person.

That's correct. You'll be charged on a per-drink basis, an each drink has a 15% service charge (tip) automatically added.

If you look back in the thread, there's a link to a spreadsheet which has all the drink prices as of a few months ago, you can input your likely drinking habits to see if a package makes sense for you.

There is a lot to check out before April, and we still don't have a flight booked!! so expensive... hoping the prices will go down within the next week...

thanks for bearing with a "newbie"!!

:D

Eek! Good luck with the flights - not sure where you're flying from/to, but I don't know if I can be optimistic for you that prices are going down.

That's correct. You'll be charged on a per-drink basis, an each drink has a 15% service charge (tip) automatically added.

If you look back in the thread, there's a link to a spreadsheet which has all the drink prices as of a few months ago, you can input your likely drinking habits to see if a package makes sense for you.

Eek! Good luck with the flights - not sure where you're flying from/to, but I don't know if I can be optimistic for you that prices are going down.

THANKS! We are flying from Philadelphia-- need to work on that today!!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LTCA04S6

Let me know if this link doesn't work. Don't forget to type in the security code on the page.

Clay

Hello,

Just wondering if this link is still good. I tried it several times and I kept receiving a message stating, " Unfortunately, the link you have clicked is not available."

What's the going price for a Long Island Iced Tea?

This will weigh the difference on getting the classic or premium package.

Aren't you from there? How much is the iced tea?:D