Cabin 8066 or 8069 or 7116,7121 Oceania

Over50cruises

Has anyone used these cabins on aft ?Is the view blocked with the solid wall on the bottom of the verandah,or are these really good cabins .Is the verandah larger than a side cabin. Thanks:)

These verandahs are deeper than a side cabin, but the same width.

I would say that you gain between 15 and 20 square feet.

As you say, the bullwark beneath the railing is solid and not glass, so some people cannot see the view when sitting in a chair, but others can. (it depends on how tall you are).

The back of the ship is a longish walk from the nearest Elevator, but on the other hand, that area of the ship tends to be quiet, passenger-wise.

The engine vibrations bother some people in the aft cabins, others look at it as a "white noise" that puts them to sleep more quickly.

We have been in 8066 and our friends have been in 8069 on the Baltic cruise some years back. The balcony is much deeper and the dividers are sloped to match the curve of the ship. As I recall, there is no cover and passengers can lean over the rail above (Lido deck table area), so no nude sunbathing!! Also, full sun can be a positive or negative depending on your perspective. BUT - that WAKE VIEW!! and the sounds of it are something not to be missed!! The Kiel Canal passage was breathtaking. There was some vibration, but the pros outweighed the cons for us.

Also, less foot traffic, rarely anyone passes your door.

As I recall, there is no cover and passengers can lean over the rail above (Lido deck table area), so no nude sunbathing!!

You cannot see anything on those balconies from the Terrace Cafe! God knows that we tried!

We have booked stateroom 8066 for two voyages. We have loved the extra space on the verandah...makes the room feel twice as large. We have had no negative noise experiences from vibration or scraping of chairs. We are relatively tall so view of ocean is fine...and that wake is fantastic! We are booked on a 35 day cruise CPT - SIN and have snagged 6090 (aft stateroom) which is perfect for us.

We sailed in 6093 on both the Nautica and Insignia and booked 7116 for Alaska on the Regatta (6093 and 6090 were already taken). There was slightly more vibration than in the center of the ship and a bit of black debris from the smokestack, but nothing too major. The balconies are several feet deeper. There is the solid railing, instead of the fence, which did not interfere with the view when sitting on the veranda, but when we lay down on the lounger, it did get partially in the way. It was worth it to us for the extra room and the great view. The balconies on deck 6 are slightly deeper than 7 which are slightly deeper than deck 8 due to the slant of the ship. Those on deck 6 and 7 have slight covering for part of it, but it was easy to get sun (we love to lie on the balcony, instead of going to the pool).

So my advice, if you want the concierge service, is to take one of the cabins on deck 7. If you do not care about concierge service, then go with deck 6.

We have booked stateroom 8066 for two voyages. We have loved the extra space on the verandah...makes the room feel twice as large. We have had no negative noise experiences from vibration or scraping of chairs. We are relatively tall so view of ocean is fine...and that wake is fantastic! We are booked on a 35 day cruise CPT - SIN and have snagged 6090 (aft stateroom) which is perfect for us.

We are also booked on CPT to SIn and wonder if you have found alternatives to the excursiosn form Mombasa Kenya.

• 2 weeks later...
We sailed in 6093 on both the Nautica and Insignia and booked 7116 for Alaska on the Regatta (6093 and 6090 were already taken). There was slightly more vibration than in the center of the ship and a bit of black debris from the smokestack, but nothing too major. The balconies are several feet deeper. There is the solid railing, instead of the fence, which did not interfere with the view when sitting on the veranda, but when we lay down on the lounger, it did get partially in the way. It was worth it to us for the extra room and the great view. The balconies on deck 6 are slightly deeper than 7 which are slightly deeper than deck 8 due to the slant of the ship. Those on deck 6 and 7 have slight covering for part of it, but it was easy to get sun (we love to lie on the balcony, instead of going to the pool).

So my advice, if you want the concierge service, is to take one of the cabins on deck 7. If you do not care about concierge service, then go with deck 6.

Thank you Benita. This helps

Thank You.We are booked on the same voyage.See you on board,and thanks for the Aft Cabins info

In 8066 during my Amazon Cruise. Loved it. No obstructions. Noise only once when the Terrace moved tables around. Have to really extend yourself to see your neighbors out on the deck. You can have coffee on the deck in the buff it is that private.

Can someone tell me just where 8006 is located. i looked at rthe deck plan and zoomed in but it still was unclear. It seems to be aft and the last cabin in the P2 category. Is that correct?

When you are looking at the deck plans the top of the page is the front of the ship ..you will notice in the deck plans decks 3, 4 & 5 show the pointy end or the BOW of the ship

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/documents/deck-plans/oc-r-class-deck-plans.pdf

So your cabin is behind the bridge near the front on the port side & if you are in 8007 you are in the same location forward only starboard side

BTW it is a connecting cabin

Hope this helps

Lyn

Can someone tell me just where 8006 is located. i looked at rthe deck plan and zoomed in but it still was unclear. It seems to be aft and the last cabin in the P2 category. Is that correct?

Actually, it is towards the front of the ship on deck 8. It is the first cabin of the P2 level on the port (left) side.

I look at the deck plans and feel sad there are no cabanas any more. I continue to wonder, as many, what will the space be used for?

They are still showing on the deck plans for the R ships in my latest brochure

Just not going to be on the Marina from what was posted a while back but maybe they are also removing them from the small ships as well

Just returned from Route of the Vikings aboard the Regatta and I can confirm that the cabanas on deck 11 are still there. We had a wonderful time up there (thank you Rachmann and Charles) and except for one sea day, we had the whole deck to ourselves. Shuffle board and golf net are still set up on that deck, but it still leaves plenty of room for the cabanas. I highly recommend them!

K

Just returned from Route of the Vikings aboard the Regatta and I can confirm that the cabanas on deck 11 are still there. We had a wonderful time up there (thank you Rachmann and Charles) and except for one sea day, we had the whole deck to ourselves. Shuffle board and golf net are still set up on that deck, but it still leaves plenty of room for the cabanas. I highly recommend them!

K

We are scheduled for the same cruise in 2011, but on the Marina. Did you have a good time? Any port recommendations would be appreciated, as well as hotel recommendations for Copenhagen. Thanks

Hi Benita,

You will really enjoy that itinerary! The scenery was magnificient. We stayed in the Marriott in Copenhagen. A very beautiful hotel, great food, spacious room, plenty of water in the shower, great air conditioning and comfy beds.

Weather throughout was better than expected, with temps usually about 60f. We had rain at least three days, but expected more according to weather research before we left. Wind suits and comfy sweats came in handy a few days, but usually slacks or capris and golf shirts were enough. A few times I was really chilled - with the lowere temps and rain, but layers were always a big help.

Many of the ports are just little fishing villages and can easily be done on your own. The only tours we did through O were the Flam railway ( a little overpriced, but great scenery), The Giant's Causeway (Belfast) which was awesome - it rained (poured) while we were there, but we enjoyed it none the less, and the Blue Lagoon in Rek, Iceland. A word of caution on the Blue Lagoon - use an old swimsuit, because I wound up with discolorations and the fabric feeling pretty crappy afterwards, now in the garbage. Also, a word of advice - don't go in if you have any scratches or blisters, etc. My husband wound up with an infection on his foot. Apparently a blister from wearing his sneakers was a magnet for germs and he had to go the informary for meds and treatment. All is well now, but it was something I never thought of!

We did a walking tour (on our own) in Dublin and went to Trinity College to see the Book of Kells, pubs, some churchs, pubs, etc. In almost every port there was a local guide on board to distribute local maps and give information. Dublin did not have a shuttle at the pier (but they did for HAL Westerdam), and a taxi from the pier to Trinity college for four couples was 4e a couple. Returning to the ship for two couples was 15e total.

I hope you enjoy it. If you have any specific questions I would be happy to help, if I have the information.

K

Thanks K, We spent 12 days in Iceland in June, so were able to spend a couple of hours at the Blue Lagoon - amazing how warm the water was and how cold it was when we got out. I call Iceland "Yellowstone Park on steroids" with all the geothermal sites. I want to go on the railway in Flam as well - I see Oceania offers this and also a full day trip which takes you through the countryside on a second railroad (Norway in a Nutshell variety) to meet the ship at another port later that day - it looks like a nice way to see the countryside.

I would like to see the Giants Causeway in Belfast,too. We were in Dublin a few years ago, as well as Bergen - both cities were pretty nice to walk around. We are adding 5 days in Copenhagen before the cruise - the most difficult part of the trip seems to be finding a well located air conditioned hotel closer to the center of town than the Marriott.

We are scheduled for the same cruise in 2011, but on the Marina. Did you have a good time? Any port recommendations would be appreciated, as well as hotel recommendations for Copenhagen. Thanks

Benita, Take a look at the Roll Call for the Marina 6/11/2011 cruise. I just posted some good info from a friend that just returned from an O Baltic Cruise.

Judy:)

• 1 month later...

Archived