What are your top 3 reasons for cruising?

1) The anticipation of an upcoming cruise ... something to keep me going during the long winter.

2) Escaping a week of winter weather.

3) Getting away from the daily grind of work, work, work. I can have no obligations other than to enjoy myself for a week. Good for the soul.

My favourite thing about cruising is getting to experience so many different islands; it's great to see places that we might want to visit again in the future for a longer stay...or not ;)

But I have to say, my LEAST favourite thing about cruising is getting there and back. We always cruise with my MIL & some family friends (and I love them all and we have a blast) - but, the group always books flights thru the cruise line and they seem to give us the longest possible way there and back. I hate knowing that what should be a 4-5 hour direct flight is almost always turned into a full day of travel each way, with stopovers and often at least a 1-3 hour layover in between, plus at least an hour's drive to/from the airport to cap it all off. For me it makes for a stressful start and end to our trip (moreso at the end, because I just want to get home to my own bed and my furkids!) Everything in between is fabulous though!

My reasons are to visit different islands without having to fly, I can try different foods without having to pay for it if I don't like it, and my 3rd reason is the freedom I feel when I am aboard the ship, leave all your worries behind, no phones.

[quote name='morganboys']not meaning for my 3 to sound snide but

1 - becuase I love to
2 - because I want to
3 - because I can

LOL![/quote]
Love it!!

My three:
1. experiencing new places, scenery and culture
2. Being spoiled with no cooking or cleaning duties!
3. no work, all fun makes me a very happy gal!!

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=blue]3) To get away from the real world, no phones etc.[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#0000ff]2) To get treated like royalty for a week.[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#0000ff]1) Visit new and exciting places (islands and ships), and just have FUN![/COLOR][/FONT]

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]I would say:[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana] [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]1. Love all that cruises offer, from food to living conditions and entertainment to social interactions.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]2. Where else can you indulge copious amounts of food, see different places, have live entertainment, watch the sun set over the horizon, then wake up and do it all again! [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]3. No patients coming into the ER!!!!![/FONT][/COLOR]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]

That's a really hard question because I loved my cruise years ago and just haven't been on one since because DH wanted to fly in to spend more time in the countries.

But, here goes:

1. The fact that since my daughter is gluten-free we can let her have more of an international travel experience and feel safer (this will be her first time out of the country).

2. The experiences on the ship (either relax or take part in many activities)

3. The all inclusiveness - meals, entertainment and many ports.

Archived