What are your top 3 reasons for cruising?

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]
1. I love the feeling of the sea breeze, warm sun on my skin, while gazing at the BEAUTIFUL ocean

2. Cruising is an escape for my DH from his very stressful job, away from his computer, nextel, fax machine, putting out fires etc... Cruising will add years to his life :D

3. Ultimate getaway to meet friendly cruisers, let your hair down and live a little, make great memories with my family, while visiting beautiful places.
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

1. I get entirely too bored on typical land vacations... There's only so much sitting around the resort's pool that I can do.

2. Plenty of nightly entertainment

3. There's just something about looking out over the ocean that puts me at ease.

When I get on that ship and stand on that balcony, it is like every care in the world slips away and I am home!

I agree and belive it or not, I just had tears come to my eyes thinking about that specific feeling... Its unlike any other that ive ever felt on any other type of vacation!

1. Being able to experience/test new places for a few hours. If we like it than we know we want to come back for a longer land vacation.

2. Less compromise on what we might want to do. He can go his way, and I can go mine. It isn't that hard to find each other - we are on the same vessel.

3. We aren't in charge of sailing the ship. No need to make sure we are awake enough to drive to our destination. No need for one of us to be the designated driver -we can both sit down and have a few drinks.

#1 Fare is all inclusive. Transportation, food and entertainment

#2 See many countries in 7-14 days depending on length of cruise

Best reason: Husband is a workaholic, on land trips he has exchanged tickets to come home early. On cruises, he is not good enough to walk on water!!!!!

Other than the drive to port and the drive home, what I love the most is NO DRIVING. Before I started going on cruises, and when I lived in California, I used to spend a week in Catalina for the same reason. When we fly to England once a year to visit my husband's family, we have, on 3 occasions flown to Venice for three or four days. I just adore the relaxation of an exciting vacation in a fun place that doesn't involve a lot of driving. Cruising fits this bill like hand-in-glove.

Something for both of us. He can do his thing, I can do mine, and we can do stuff together.

Plus, I love most the feeling of the long stretch of days ahead when I first get aboard and can literally feel myself relaxing. It is the most relaxing feeling ever.

It's cheap, plain and simple.

Where else can 2 people go for 5 days/4nights - hotel, meals included, teen club, entertainment, etc for $150? That averaged out to 30 bucks a night per person. (not including airfare or taxes....so I know it goes up)

But our Thanksgiving cruise.... 67 bucks a night per person- includes transportation to Belize, Grand Cayman, Isla Rotan, Cozumel and includes everything and Thanksgiving Dinner- someone else to cook and clean!

This is why I cruise.

Archived