uncontolling my eating

capsfan24

I am sailing on the pride 9/10 and this will be my first cruise. Is it true I can eat as much as I want?!?! Does that mean if I want to order three apps. or three steaks or three lobsters I can? Just read the thread about contolling your eating on a cruise and thought why would I do that if I can get as much as I want. :confused:

I am sailing on the pride 7/10 and this will be my first cruise. Is it true I can eat as much as I want?!?! Does that mean if I want to order three apps. or three steaks or three lobsters I can? Just read the thread about contolling your eating on a cruise and thought why would I do that if I can get as much as I want. :confused:

Have at 'er. Order whatever you want and whatever quantities you want. Just not at the Specialty Restaurant - that is not all you eat.

I have no problem with people ordering multiples and have done so on occasion myself, however, please don't waste. I know that they grind it up for fish food etc but just be reasonable. On the evening they had prime rib - they also had lobster - well, I like both so I ordered both. Keep in mind they bring out two whole meals rather than just add the lobster to the plate or on the side so you get multiple sides (everything is preplated so they can't just bring you the item)

I was brought up to finish all the food you take so no problems there (maybe not such a good thing:D) Being a little overdramatic about three of everything but good to know if two things look good I can have them both. Not a big fatso but I can put down some food. How big are the portion sizes in the MDR?

I am sailing on the pride 9/10 and this will be my first cruise. Is it true I can eat as much as I want?!?! Does that mean if I want to order three apps. or three steaks or three lobsters I can? Just read the thread about contolling your eating on a cruise and thought why would I do that if I can get as much as I want. :confused:

I need to control my eating so that I can actually wear my clothes off the ship and not just the robe. :eek:

The waiters will happily bring you as many apps, steaks and lobsters as you want. You also have the 24 hour pizza (which my DH was a fan of at 11:30pm each night) if you want the 2am snack! ;)

BTW, we just got off the Pride a couple of weeks ago. You'll have a great time!

Eat as much as you want! The only thing I find distressing is when I see people at the buffet lines with absolutely loaded trays...and when they get up to leave over 2/3 of the food is untouched. Why would you load a plate with 4 sweet rolls and only eat one? You can go back as much as you want.... I look at the servers on the ship and I hate to think what they must think about our wasting so much food....

Eat as much as you want! The only thing I find distressing is when I see people at the buffet lines with absolutely loaded trays...and when they get up to leave over 2/3 of the food is untouched. Why would you load a plate with 4 sweet rolls and only eat one? You can go back as much as you want.... I look at the servers on the ship and I hate to think what they must think about our wasting so much food....

I hear you about that. Not to mention people with a overflowing plate look like hogs but then not to eat it all. Take a few trips with moderate portions. Hey the walks back and forth is probably much needed exercise anyways:D

I need to control my eating so that I can actually wear my clothes off the ship and not just the robe. :eek:

The waiters will happily bring you as many apps, steaks and lobsters as you want. You also have the 24 hour pizza (which my DH was a fan of at 11:30pm each night) if you want the 2am snack! ;)

BTW, we just got off the Pride a couple of weeks ago. You'll have a great time!

This is the first cruise for the wife and I, both of us are super excited. I imagine we will have a blast!:)

How big are the portion sizes in the MDR?
Perfectly average, to everyone other than Americans. :p

I really enjoyed being able to have both an appetizer and a dessert course without being miserably full afterwards. It's not possible to do that in most American restaurants anymore.

And neither of us gained any weight on our cruise. :cool:

Take a few trips with moderate portions.

That's how I am normally as well. I'll take a plate and put 3 things on it, eat it then go back for 3 more things. DH plate looks like he's afraid there wont be anymore food left but only eats 1 plate.

Perfectly average, to everyone other than Americans. :p

I really enjoyed being able to have both an appetizer and a dessert course without being miserably full afterwards. It's not possible to do that in most American restaurants anymore.

And neither of us gained any weight on our cruise. :cool:

The portions are the perfect size for me as well, as long as I order 2 apps, 2 entrees, and a desert and espresso.

Archived