Will we have any problems?

PamperedAshley

We are cruising on Carnival Valor in Nov. and I am now considering adding our son who will be 2.5 at the time to our reservations. I am in the process of figuring out all the logistics of it, whether or not it will be feasible for our situation. I am curious about everyone's opinions on what we should do about documents for him. My husband will have BC and id and I have a passport. My concern is being questioned about our son actually being ours. He's adopted; he's african american and we are caucasian. Should I just go ahead and get him a passport,so it has his name and photo on there, so there is no question or would this not be something people would question? Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

A passport would be best...

It's better recognized by officials regardless of country... and it makes for a really cool baby momento... My kids get a kick out of seeing their old passports... especially the infant ones. Makes them feel important or something, having an official booklet thingy.

IMO, you still may be questioned, even with a passport. A passport does not prove he is your child, even with the same last name. To save worry, can you bring your adoption papers?

I don't know where you are going, but you probably will never be asked for anything on a Caribbean cruise. But as always, the one time you don't have it, is when you need it.

Before you send off for that passport - make sure you can add him to the reservation. Does the room hold 3 (or 4)? The ship has a capacity per lifeboat that means even though your room will hold another person, the cruise line cannot add another person to your cabin.

Thanks for the advice everyone! We will definitely go ahead and get him the passport, and bring the adoption papers, I hadn't thought of that. His Birth Certificate has both my husband and my name on it, so that would show that we are definitely his parents.

Archived