Should we have waited?

pizzadog

We are booked on the Eurodam for the Canada/New England cruise October 2011. Recently we saw that they had posted the Eastern Caribbean as a separate cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale on the Eurodam on the day we get in. We booked it as a b2b. Now I notice that the 2010 cruise is shown as one cruise and much, much cheaper than what we are paying for the 2 separate cruises in 2011. Should we cancel the Caribbean portion and wait until closer to the date to rebook? We do want to keep our same cabin (as we are booked now) but the price difference is pretty substantial. Mind you, things could change by next year I guess. What do you experienced cruisers think?:)

We are booked on the Eurodam for the Canada/New England cruise October 2011. Recently we saw that they had posted the Eastern Caribbean as a separate cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale on the Eurodam on the day we get in. We booked it as a b2b. Now I notice that the 2010 cruise is shown as one cruise and much, much cheaper than what we are paying for the 2 separate cruises in 2011. Should we cancel the Caribbean portion and wait until closer to the date to rebook? We do want to keep our same cabin (as we are booked now) but the price difference is pretty substantial. Mind you, things could change by next year I guess. What do you experienced cruisers think?:)

call your TA. sometimes they can get you OBC, an upgrade or a price match. if the difference is very large, you can cancel and rebook (watch out for fees and make sure it is not 'new bookings only')

Just my recent experience. I booked a cruise as a solo for Sept/10 back in April. A friend now wants to join the group of us, and the CHEAPEST price she can get is 70% more than I paid. According to my PCC, she needs to make up her mind very quickly, as the ship is nearly sold out. And the few prices now showing are (this is REALLY hard to believe) discounted only 3% off brochure pricing, from the bit of research I've done.

Personally I wouldn't gamble, but that's just me :) As mentioned, if your price does drop before final payment date, request a reduction in your fare.

We do Canada/New England cruises every year and every year we have seen the price increase from what we booked it at. We always book about a year in advance to get the cabin we want and have not seen price reductions for those itineraries.

Your two cruises may be combined later into a Collectors' Cruise. At that point, if it happens, you can ask your TA to transfer your bookings to the combined cruise. If it's before final payment, you would get the lower price.

When I booked my New Zealand/Australia cruises they were listed in the brochure as a Collectors' Cruise, but were not set up as such in the computer. They had to be booked as two separate cruises, then joined at the lower price later.

Archived