Bed near balcony or bath?

tobymonster

We had a bed near the balcony on the Equinox.....the only thing I didn't like about it was that it was a long trek feeling along the furniture, end of the bed, etc., to the bathroom in the middle of the night, frankly! Or is that TMI? :o

By the time I had tripped my way past the bedspread on the floor and stubbed my toe on the dresser thingey, and bruised my knuckles trying to find the door (ok, that's an exaggeration, but you get the idea), I was thoroughly awake.

My sister and her husband had the cabin adjacent, which had the opposite, with the bed near the bathroom, and they liked it. We are booked on the Eclipse, and in the exact same rooms, so I'll have to put up with it again....they liked their room so much I hated to be a pill and whine that I wanted the bed near the bathroom this time like a little kid! :o

Some people think the room seems more open with the bed near the bath. Others like the bed near the balcony because they like to lie in bed and look out at the ocean, or hear it.

Bottom line for us is that the S class ships are so great it's pretty much a small issue.

Like bed near balcony because we have more "getting ready" room in the middle of the cabin with desk/dressing table area, and closet including access to safe for jewelry.

But I am happy that lots of people like bed by bath....choices on S class for everyone!:)

PS: The bathroom on S class has a built-in night light...so just leave that door open a bit and you will not have to make your trip in the dark.:p

Our last cruise was the 1st with bed by the balcony and we both decided it was much better that way. It made the room more "useable" during the day with the open space right there in the beginning of the room. Getting dressed for dinner easier by far this way. But it sure wouldn't be a deal breaker....any room on a ship with a balcony is fine for us!!!:D:D

Our last cruise was the 1st with bed by the balcony and we both decided it was much better that way. It made the room more "useable" during the day with the open space right there in the beginning of the room. Getting dressed for dinner easier by far this way. But it sure wouldn't be a deal breaker....any room on a ship with a balcony is fine for us!!!:D:D

Ditto!

Not on a Solstice class ship, but on other ships, we have experienced the bed being in both positions, and we much prefer the bed near the balcony door. We don't mind walking around the bed to get to the outdoors, but I sure don't like walking around the bed to get from bathroom, to make-up table, and back to wash hands, or from bathroom or closet, and then to larger areas for dressing, etc. I can't tell you how many times I have stubbed a toe, or knocked my knees out of whack just trying to get around those beds. To me, the celebrity ships have the narrowness cabins in the industry, so if we can get a little more openness at the entrance of the room, I am happier. :)

Now, I need to go re-check the Equinox 9268 cabin to make sure they have the bed where I want it. :D

We prefer the bed by the toilet, in my case 4/5 steps at the most open the door the light was always on and I am there. My wife didn't like the shower with the head being fixed and about 6 feet of the ground !!

Archived