sdmike's review & daily diary of Epic's inaugural western Caribbean cruise

sdmike

I have not seen conditioner on my prior cruises and bars of soap were available in mini suites and above....none for us in the balconies. I have to bring Irish Spring for my husband and apple scented hand soap:D. Gotta keep him happy

marianne

Maybe I missed it in the pictures, where is the hair dryer and the in-room safe hidden away?

Look on page 4. The safe is in the curved cabinet next to the closet and the hair dryer is in a holder under the counter beneath where the safe is. In one of the pics, you can see the butt-end of the chrome/black hair dryer. If you see a picture with a small stool in it, the HD is just to the right.

Look on page 4. The safe is in the curved cabinet next to the closet and the hair dryer is in a holder under the counter beneath where the safe is. In one of the pics, you can see the butt-end of the chrome/black hair dryer. If you see a picture with a small stool in it, the HD is just to the right.

Thanks!

Hi all,

maybe this was addressed and I missed it so I apologize for asking again.

I'm leaving for my 2 week b2b cruise on the EPIC this Saturday (yea!) and I've nearly finished packing.

But I can't remember if there was mention whether body/hand lotion was part of the bathroom toiletry amenities? I know I have to pack my own hair conditioner and bar soap but I couldn't remember about lotion. Should I bring my own?

Thanks.

Hi all,

maybe this was addressed and I missed it so I apologize for asking again.

I'm leaving for my 2 week b2b cruise on the EPIC this Saturday (yea!) and I've nearly finished packing.

But I can't remember if there was mention whether body/hand lotion was part of the bathroom toiletry amenities? I know I have to pack my own hair conditioner and bar soap but I couldn't remember about lotion. Should I bring my own?

Thanks.

I do not recall any NCL provided lotion in the cabin.

Did you do the zip line activity wearing Teva sandals or would you recommend closed-toe shoes like sneakers?

Were there changing facilities at the beach Victor took you guys took or did you wear your swimsuit underneath?

His mentioned a West Bay Beach break afterwards on the zip n dip and I'm trying to find out if there are changing facilities there. It seems there is if you use one of the beach clubs.

Did you do the zip line activity wearing Teva sandals or would you recommend closed-toe shoes like sneakers?

Were there changing facilities at the beach Victor took you guys took or did you wear your swimsuit underneath?

His mentioned a West Bay Beach break afterwards on the zip n dip and I'm trying to find out if there are changing facilities there. It seems there is if you use one of the beach clubs.

Wear shoes. As you approach platforms you will often have to stretch out with your feet, hit the edge of the platform, and hoist yourself up (with guide assistance). Having very stable shoes is important, as is protecting your toes.

The Infinity Bay resort has a bathroom next to the pool that is accessible to beach users for changing. It's a small little space but works fine. You have a bigger changing room available if you pay the $15 resort fee which gives you access to the huge pool and beach chairs.

Wear shoes. As you approach platforms you will often have to stretch out with your feet, hit the edge of the platform, and hoist yourself up (with guide assistance). Having very stable shoes is important, as is protecting your toes.

The Infinity Bay resort has a bathroom next to the pool that is accessible to beach users for changing. It's a small little space but works fine. You have a bigger changing room available if you pay the $15 resort fee which gives you access to the huge pool and beach chairs.

Thanks.

yea... you wouldn't want to get to the end of one of the longest ziplines, clip the tree and lose your sandals like my nephew did. :D. The folks at Victor's were nice enough to walk back onto the grounds to retrieve them.

• 2 weeks later...
Love the report now I just have to decided if we do the oasis or the Epic in September or November. And if im going to do an adults only trip or with our son who is three. Any Suggestions?

Well, Epic is a more 'Vegas' themed ship.. more partying, gambling, drinking, etc. Oasis is a classier ship.. so whichever strikes your fancy.. me? Hitting the Epic for a Halloween cruise. Party! Party! Party! ;)

Love the report now I just have to decided if we do the oasis or the Epic in September or November. And if im going to do an adults only trip or with our son who is three. Any Suggestions?

Hard to give advice since I have not been on the Oasis, but you'll find the Epic to have LOTS of entertainment options compared to other ships. I don't know your style, but it seems it would be perfect for an "adults only" trip where you can more easily explore all of the entertainment and dining options available. You won't want to take the 3yo to BMG, I don't think. It's very loud (awesome, but loud). The blues club wouldn't be much interest, plus you would not be able to hang out in Spice H2O during the day or at Bliss at night, which are two of the places you'd want to spend some time. I will say, however, that the kid's facilities on the Epic are gigantic plus they have the Nickelodeon themed events (slime time live, the character breakfast) that the little one might really like.

Back when ours were young we found DCL to be the right choice. The ships are very elegant, but everything is very kid-friendly. The big shows at night are all Disney quality and oriented to kids. It was a wonderful experience when my daughter was around that age.

Hard to give advice since I have not been on the Oasis, but you'll find the Epic to have LOTS of entertainment options compared to other ships. I don't know your style, but it seems it would be perfect for an "adults only" trip where you can more easily explore all of the entertainment and dining options available. You won't want to take the 3yo to BMG, I don't think. It's very loud (awesome, but loud). The blues club wouldn't be much interest, plus you would not be able to hang out in Spice H2O during the day or at Bliss at night, which are two of the places you'd want to spend some time. I will say, however, that the kid's facilities on the Epic are gigantic plus they have the Nickelodeon themed events (slime time live, the character breakfast) that the little one might really like.

Back when ours were young we found DCL to be the right choice. The ships are very elegant, but everything is very kid-friendly. The big shows at night are all Disney quality and oriented to kids. It was a wonderful experience when my daughter was around that age.

Thanks I guess because our first cruise was with RCL I'm nervous to branch out if that makes any sense. We looked at doing DCL but I would rather pay 4,000.00 for a week cruise in a suite on RCL Freedom then in a balcony on Disney. Im not really sure what we will do.

I have to tell you Mike, I am driving my husband crazy over this trip. I come home every day and scout this site for anything and EVERYTHING I can find about the ship. When I saw your posta nd started reading...I ran down stairs, poured myself a nice BIG glass of wine and went on the best trip ever......thanks so much, now I am so excited and my husband is rolling his eyes...yes it is going to be a very long winter for him...LOL, but seriously it was a GREAT review

Mike...

I can see the effect you have on women....you drive them to drink!!! LOL.;)

Well, Epic is a more 'Vegas' themed ship.. more partying, gambling, drinking, etc. Oasis is a classier ship.. so whichever strikes your fancy.. me? Hitting the Epic for a Halloween cruise. Party! Party! Party! ;)

Does RCCL Oasis have "THE QUEST"??? If the answer is yes...wouldn't say that is too classy. It's loads of fun and always a blast. I haven't heard anyone mention "THE QUEST" on Epic so I wonder if they do this adult scavenger hunt like other NCL ships.

Does RCCL Oasis have "THE QUEST"??? If the answer is yes...wouldn't say that is too classy. It's loads of fun and always a blast. I haven't heard anyone mention "THE QUEST" on Epic so I wonder if they do this adult scavenger hunt like other NCL ships.